Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
789126 Job Summary
Materials Planner II
Employer Job Id:
July 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 11, 2012
Materials Planner II
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] Transformer Solutions is recognized as the largest U.S. manufacturer of medium power transformers. Headquartered in Waukesha, WI with other manufacturing facilities in Goldsboro, NC and Dallas, TX, we deliver the highest quality power delivery system products and services to our customers, often custom designed to meet specific requirements or applications.
- This position is responsible for converting the master production schedule into a finite schedule for each department and machine center. This role ensures that the paperwork and material is available in a timely manner. This role coordinates with shop supervisors on any issue that may impede the ability of the shop to meet the schedule and communicates with internal customers including other planners, test floor, marketing and traffic on issues that affect them. This individual is also involved with the continuous improvement processes in assigned areas.
- Bachelor of Science in Operation Planning, Operations Management or a related field required . Minimum 3 years working experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated strong time management skills, effective communication (written, verbal, and listening skills) and the ability to gain commitment and influence without authority are also required. The ideal candidate has experience with SAP and Access database, APICS certification, and has worked in a union environment.
- Develop a finite plan (minimum of two-week horizon) showing labor hours required by work center in order to achieve the MPS.
- Specifies manpower requirements by work center and shift dependent upon the plan. Recommends to the supervisor, work and manpower assignments as the schedule dictates. Informs Focused Factory Leader if schedule requires interdepartmental movement of shop personnel.
- Defines sequence of orders to be worked on through each work center.
- Recommends to the department supervisor what overtime will be required to effectively meet the schedule.
- Supplies the required work bills and other paperwork required to complete the schedule.
- Ensures that corrections to paperwork because of ECO’s are completed and ensures that any changes made due to NCR’s are communicated and completed.
- Coordinates through Marketing all customer witnessing of assembly and testing operations. Ensures that the shop and/or test floor is prepared for the witness.
- Updates the daily and weekly status reports and production schedules used in the shop. Expedites through material control all pick list shortages.
- Coordinates with material control on rescheduling of reliable delivery dates. Advises shop supervisor of late material.
- Ensures that the ship short process is followed when applicable.
- Ensures that generic drawing books are complete and accurate.
- Assists in expediting solutions to equipment breakdowns and rework problems.
- Notifies the supervisor of any issue that may hinder the flow of product in the most efficient manner. Works to ensure that the direct labor workforce is best utilized and that work in process is minimized.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List