- Newly Created
- Mining and LNG focus
- Respected, High Profile Brand
Already boasting the highest profile and most respected client base in the Australian market, our clients' business growth continues unabated as they look to appoint the leader of their newest business unit. This strategic appointment will see a highly experienced Town Planner tasked with developing the company’s business stream in the Mining and LNG sectors throughout Queensland; the potential for which is both exciting and limitless.
A true leadership role, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of business management in this new area including recruitment, mentoring staff, project management, business development and 1001 other tasks that reflect such a high profile position.
Your ability to manage such a challenging role will be reflected by a minimum of 10-15 years commercial experience in a position where you have developed many of these skills. Significant exposure to the Mining and/or Oil & Gas sector is a mandatory, as in many cases you will be acting as the Client Representative on all matters related to complex planning and environmental approvals. As with any new business comes a requirement for both marketing and business development, tasks that will be more readily achieved given your established network of contacts in the Queensland mining sector.
This exciting new position will offer a competitive salary package that reflects your experience in the industry and will include additional performance related bonuses tied to business growth.
- 10-15 years experience involved in complex planning and environmental approvals for the mining sector; extensive proven experience operating within Queensland legislation essential
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning essential, additional qualifications in environmental management will be highly regarded
- Expert project management skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Active membership of relevant industry bodies
If you’re ready to take on the challenge of building a new business, supported by one of the top teams in the industry this newly created opportunity could be the role for you.