Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
789547 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
December 14, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
February 14, 2013
- This position will have the responsibilities of studying distribution, disposition, and development of waters-of-land areas. Assisting management with developing new clients, maintaining existing clients, securing project work, and participating in, directing, managing and performing project work on behalf of the engineering group in the [Company] practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Apply knowledge of chemistry, physics, biology, and mathematics to explain water resources.
- Participate and/or leading a team of environmental engineers and scientists to perform water shed modeling and impact assessments.
- Study form and intensity of precipitation, and modes of return to ocean and atmosphere, map and chart water flow and disposition of sediment, measure changes in water volume due to evaporation and melting of snow, and study storm occurrences and nature and movement of glaciers, and determines rate of ground absorption and ultimate disposition of water.
- Evaluates data obtained from flood and drought forecasting, soil and water conservation programs, and the planning of projects such as water supply, water power, flood control, drainage, irrigation, crop production, and inland navigation.
- Conduct or participate in environmental and hydroelectric power studies and prepares environmental reports.
- Predict stream flow and reservoir yields for hydroelectric resource development purposes, conduct reservoir studies.
- Conducts in-stream flow modeling.
- Collect or supervise collection of water samples for analysis of chemical composition. And determine the nature and extent of contamination in water at environmental sites.
- Assist management with the firm’s marketing efforts, maintain existing clients and develop new clients through focused networking and business development initiatives, Investigate, assess and assist in securing engineering assignments.
- Review client information, including scope of work, procedures and requirements to determine the approach to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to create designs, repair and analyze water resources. Working knowledge of unsaturated GW flow and surface water principles and methodologies. Climatology; water shed modeling; surface water & sediment computer modeling; hydroelectric power modeling; HEC modeling; GIS. Needs to excel in saturated and unsaturated flow in porous media like rock and soil in addition to hydrology.
- Master's degree or equivalent; and more than 10 years related experience in the hydroelectric/mining industry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management. Competency in a second language, both spoken and written would be considered has an advantage.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency in MS Office; knowledge of CAD/Civil 3D and latest water resource software preferred. Hands-on working knowledge of scheduling, costing and budgeting software and project management reporting
Certificates and Licenses:
- Registration or eligibility, with the requisite experience, to be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- This position has direct project-related supervisory responsibilities and is responsible for the oversight of the work produced by staff scientists and engineers who are assigned to their project teams. Discipline supervisory responsibilities may be performed by others.
- Work will be in both an office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Periodic travel will be required both within and outside US; however the durations of travel are typically expected to be limited to 1-2 weeks at a time. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List