Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
789554 Job Summary
Senior Project Manager
Employer Job Id:
November 9, 2012
Knight Piesold Consulting
January 8, 2013
Senior Project Manager
Knight Piésold’s Tucson practice is seeking a qualified civil/geotechnical engineer with extensive experience in the mining industry with strong leadership capabilities who desires to attain a senior management position. This position encompasses a variety of roles and is well suited to a self-starting individual with strong ambitions for success and promotion in Knight Piésold .
- This position is at a high level in the Knight Piésold Tucson office. The successful candidate will have the responsibilities of (1) developing new clients, (2) maintaining existing clients, (3) securing project work, (4) participating in, directing, managing and performing project work on behalf of the Knight Piésold USA practice, (5) direct office staff, manage office administrative functions and taking responsibility for the successful business operation of the office. The work consists of consulting civil and geotechnical engineering and environmental services for mining, municipality and private clients, and includes project planning, design, construction supervision and operational assistance to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Direct the firm’s marketing efforts for engineering assignments
- Maintain existing clients and develop new clients through focused networking and business development initiatives
- Investigate, assess and assist in securing engineering assignments
- Review client information, including scope of work, procedures and requirements to determine the approach to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented
- With other senior Knight Piesold USA staff, play a senior-level engineering role, provide technical direction and manage staff and other resources to successfully complete certain engineering assignments
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Client oriented with a clear focus to understand the needs of the clients and ensure they are met in a timely and cost conscious manner
- Adaptability to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in the client and project needs
- Leadership to direct clients, projects and staff towards successful outcomes
- Self-motivation and initiative to meet a high standard of individual and company goals
- Team supporter and willing team participant
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong working knowledge of, and at least 10 to 12 years of experience in Civil/Geotechnical engineering experience in the mining consulting sector, with at least 4 years at a senior level.
- Minimum of a Master's degree (M. Sc.) in civil/geotechnical or civil/water resources engineering.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Registration or eligibility, with the requisite experience, to be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Arizona is required. A valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Work will be in both an office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Periodic travel will be required both within and outside of Arizona and the US; however the durations of travel are typically expected to be limited to 1-2 weeks at a time, although exceptions occur. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List