Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
789563 Job Summary
Nuclear Project Controls Specialist
Employer Job Id:
July 14, 2012
September 12, 2012
Nuclear Project Controls Specialist
- Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
- Schedule activities required to support new nuclear builds and large plant modifications.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
- Works with construction and engineering to develop schedules from level 1-4 for new nuclear plants and large plant modifications at existing sites.
- Builds boiler plate schedules for standard construction process so lead estimators on the approach to performing work.
- Analyzes critical path activities and provides reports showing status.
- Review of earn vs. burn man power ratio to schedule status and predicts where the job will be within any two week period.
- Maintains the schedule on weekly but inputting and provides information to management of the changes in critical path and float of critical activities.
- Maintains a detailed analysis of the hourly loss and gains for work performed during an operating station outage.
- Stay well versed in the improvements in the industry software for scheduling and implement them into the process.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Primavera Project Planner (P3, P6 & P7)
Education And/or Experience
- Must have 5 years industry experience in nuclear estimating or 10 years’ experience in scheduling using the above listed computer skills. Have strong understanding of construction and knowledge of operating Nuclear plants. A BS degree is preferred but may substitute experience for education.
The individual must:
- Be detail oriented, flexible and highly motivated,
- Have a strong work ethic and professional demeanor,
- Effective time management and organizational skills,
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately,
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and
- Must be team player but able to work independently, to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List