Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
789620 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 3, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 3, 2012
[Company] , an [Company] company, is seeking a GIS Manager/Specialist to join our consulting firm in Anchorage, AK. The qualified candidate will manage the GIS and Auto-CAD drafting group, implement [Company] best practices, solicit and win new work, and provide high-quality GIS support to our Project Managers and Partners for a range of site investigation, remediation, construction, and environmental planning projects across Alaska and throughout the U.S.
This is a great opportunity to work with a global environmental leader in an exciting industry!
- Manage GIS and Auto-CAD employees and associated workloads in our Anchorage and Fairbanks offices.
- Bring in new work and foster relationships with internal and external clients to secure continuing follow-on work.
- Develop and manage GIS databases.
- Manage all GIS data and GIS-related requests for a project.
- Generate GIS maps and data, spatial and sampling analysis models and maps, to support project activities.
- Create scripts and/or models.
- Use GIS to identify possible route options for linear utility routing and siting through a state and/or federal environmental process.
- Attend meetings and provide technical GIS analysis to review project planning decisions.
- Create and maintain web-based GIS project sites.
- Provide high-quality technical support for GIS needs on projects and proposals, while successfully juggling multiple deadline-driven tasks.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Complete work assignments in accordance with [Company] management system, format, and quality standards.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in GIS, geology, geography or related degree.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience, experience in the consulting industry desired.
- Proficient in, ESRI ArcGIS desktop software and various extensions (v10.x).
- Hands on knowledge of Geodatabase management, exemplary cartographic skills, spatial data creation, and analysis required.
- GPS data collection using Trimble units, post-processing and manipulation.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and other drafting software desired.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to learn on your own and learn new tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to succeed at a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List