Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
789635 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 14, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 14, 2012
- [Company] , Mon Valley Training HUB, located in Duquesne, PA, has an immediate opening for a talented and motivated Training Assistant.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the Department Manager-Training and two Training Representatives.
Become primary department user of the corporate Learning Management System
- Assist other LMS user base by answering their inquiries
- Generate training reports as needed
- Create classes in LMS and coordinate with training calendar
- Enter enrollments both pre- and post-class date, and complete classes after updating enrollments.
- File training records according to established guidelines and document retention procedures
- Document grades and/or evaluations
- Print attendance sheets for instructors
Handle all training room reservations/scheduling
- Monitor training department email site and respond to room requests, including catering and special needs
- Update training calendar to reflect reservations
- Perform classroom preparation duties
Generate and distribute training reports as needed/requested
- Update monthly HR scorecard for all training course evaluations received
- Update weekly training focused report for specific classes being tracked
- Prepare and distribute monthly training email on upcoming classes
- Provide front line customer service to employees at all levels; answering inquiries and directing issues to appropriate managers
- Possess functional knowledge and experience of general office administrative duties, i.e. processing of office systems, filing, communication, word processing, copying, e-mail, distribution of mail, transmission of phone messages, department procedures and records, and organizational activities
- Possess a proficiency in office desktop computer functions including all Microsoft applications, Lotus notes, etc.
Process all training department ordering
- Handle invoices for payment
- Order office supplies, training materials, and other items for the department as needed
- Maintain documentation of cost centers and expense records
- Order training materials through Printing & Duplicating
- Perform inventory counts (books, tools, course materials, etc.)
- Record particular safety contacts and training records for employee relations personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, clarify, and convey issues/problems to appropriate department management for resolution.
- Act as vendor contact for site services
- Develop and maintain a training department web page
- Answer the main phone for the training facility/direct calls/provide customer service
- Assist guest instructors/facilitator with classroom AV equipment
- Handle issues and assist other onsite vendors as needed
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work for and within a diverse department and large facility
- Professional and able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive work issues
- Understands corporate structure, responsibilities and procedures.
- Proficient in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office applications, and Internet.
- Ability to learn and utilize specific USS-based computer application systems (GyrusAIM, Oracle Procurement system, etc.)
- Ability to anticipate needs of department and contribute to smooth day-to-day operations.
- Understanding of databases a plus.
- Understanding of HTML and web sites a plus.
- High school diploma required
- Associates/Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years of office environment experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Access or other database experience preferred
- Ability to use sound judgment and make appropriate decisions
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List