We have a number of opportunities for experienced Estimators to join our client on oil, gas, mining and heavy industrial projects across Australia. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing support and assistance for the compilation of Target Estimates and proposals for site - including lump sum projects, budget prices and variation/emergent work cost estimates.
Estimators - Various Locations - Australia
Our client is one of Australasia's leading engineering groups, providing extensive engineering, construction, maintenance and industrial services to the resources, energy and infrastructure sectors. Due to their solid reputation for delivering quality work, reliable services and excellent long-term customer relationships, they are currently experiencing huge growth in Australia. They offer a rewarding career built on their innovative approach to engineering + project management solutions. Their culture of employee development, encouraging creativity + diversity, has led them to enviable employee retention statistics.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, capable problem solvers who want to work within a great team delivering construction projects. Our Client needs enthusiastic, organised and confident team members who enjoy the dynamics of large projects either in oil, gas, mining and heavy industry sectors.
- A minimum of 5 years in a similar role working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team on the estimation of large oil and gas, resource or infrastructure construction projects;
- Experience in a multidisciplinary environment - civil, structural, mechanical or pipeline fabrication and installation.
- Relevant on site industry experience (eg resources, engineering and construction industry).
- Estimating experience and knowledge of relevant construction norms and industry rates.
- Estimation of man-hours and materials including calculation of costs;
- Handling enquiries and providing expertise relevant to tendering and estimating;
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong computer literacy skills;
- A strong commercial acumen incorporating tender estimating preparation and evaluation.
- Sound computer skills, able to use Word, Excel and scheduling software.
- Willing to work on a wide range of projects and tasks involving site visits and at times working irregular hours
- Excellent Salary Packages based upon prior experience.
- Superannuation (pension) contribution
- Overseas candidates will receive working visas and assistance in relocation to Australia