We have a number of opportunities for experienced Construction Managers with heavy industry experience to join our client on oil, gas, mining and heavy industrial projects across Australia. Successful candidates will be responsible for managing the execution of all on site project activities and will provide on-site leadership to the construction team to achieve the highest results in safety, project delivery and client satisfaction.
Construction Manager MEP- Various Locations - Australia
Our client is one of Australasia's leading engineering groups, providing extensive engineering, construction, maintenance and industrial services to the resources, energy and infrastructure sectors. Due to their solid reputation for delivering quality work, reliable services and excellent long-term customer relationships, they are currently experiencing huge growth in Australia. They offer a rewarding career built on their innovative approach to engineering + project management solutions. Their culture of employee development, encouraging creativity + diversity, has led them to enviable employee retention statistics.
Successful candidates will be responsible for managing the execution of all on site project activities and will demonstrate strong leadership skills to construction teams to achieve the highest results. They will have strong problem solving abilities, commitment to health and safety and a history of proven experience on large scale construction projects either in oil, gas, mining the heavy industry sectors.
- A minimum of 7 yrs experience in a similar role managing multi-disciplinary teams in the execution of large heavy industry construction and/or maintenance projects. A mechanical or electrical background is advantageous.
- Experience within the materials handling, minerals processing, power generation and/or oil and gas projects will be highly regarded
- A proven capability working within the Engineering contracting sector servicing the resources, energy or infrastructure industries.
- Strong commercial acumen and well developed communication skills with experience in people management, Health, Safety + Environment management and quality management.
- Well-developed influencing and leadership skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering discipline or relevant trade qualification will be highly regarded.
- Sound written communication skills - able to prepare correspondence, project reports and instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively with the full range of people involved on and off site
- Establishing and building a high performing work teams
- Negotiating and resolving conflict.
- Sound computer skills, be able to use Microsoft Office suite and software relevant to project management.
- Willing to work on a wide range of projects and tasks involving on and off site work and often irregular hours.
- Excellent Salary Packages based upon prior experience.
- Superannuation (pension) contribution
- FIFO - Rotation rosters
- Overseas candidates will receive working visas and assistance in relocation to Australia