WorkPac, an Australian owned and operated recruitment solutions provider has won a five year contract to service BHP Billiton's Olympic Dam mining operation.
Under the arrangement, WorkPac will provide Industrial and Professional employees to help drive productivity and growth for South Australia's biggest long term mining operation.
The Major Outage project will be a large, multi-year initiative which requires strong project management discipline to mange and control. The Estimator will report to the Commercial Superintendent Smelter Major Outage and will play a key role in validating quotes for major tasks. This is a long term contract role.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Estimating & Quantity Surveying
- Ensuring scopes are documented to meet requirements
- Interpreting and Auditing contracts
- Providing feedback to Superintendent team and Outage Lead
Skills and Competencies:
- Enthusiasm and pro-activeness
- Determination and dependability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Collaborative team approach and ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge & skills in MS Office applications
- Relevant technical qualifications
- 2-5 years Mining/Construction industry experience as an Estimator
- Commitment to OH&S in the workplace
This role is based on a 10 days on /4 days off roster. Fly In, Fly Out from any Capital city with camp accommodation and all meals provided. Competitive remuneration offered.
Located 560 kilometres north of Adelaide, South Australia, Olympic Dam is a multi-mineral ore body. It is the world's fourth largest remaining copper deposit, fifth largest gold deposit and the largest uranium deposit. It also contains significant quantities of silver. Enjoy life in the great Australian outback and join the young and vibrant Roxby Downs community.