Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
790479 Job Summary
Senior Cavern / Well Integrity Engineer
Employer Job Id:
August 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 30, 2012
Senior Cavern / Well Integrity Engineer
Plains currently have an immediate opening based in Calgary for an experienced cavern/well integrity engineer or specialist, with oil & gas experience (Midstream preferred) for full time employment. Due to recent acquisitions and internal growth, you will be challenged on the operation, integrity, and fitness for service for the Company’s assets and systems, striving to continuously improve the reliability of cavern facilities throughout its life through plant process actives in Canada and the USA. You will be part of the Asset Integrity group and play a key part in assuring the long term integrity of current and future assets. Maintaining the integrity of wells and caverns is critical to delivery of our production targets now and in the future.
- Develop standards for solution mine cavern/ well design and stability analysis, subsidence analysis and monitoring, well field layout design, solution mining well/cavern abandonment and remediation, and drilling management;
- Lead and/or participate in incident and accident investigations;
- Maintain required HSSE training;
- Responsible for programs and ensure drilling and operations comply with the requirements of programs and standards for cavern/well workover and new cavern/well construction;
- Evaluate laboratory geomechanical testing results;
- Negotiate contracts for Equipment and Services;
- Monitor operation of caverns/well (brine disposal/ supply well) by reviewing sample data, trends and downhole logs;
- Maintain cavern/ well workover schedule for all cavern storage facilities;
- Create requests for cavern/well workover including logging, mechanical integrity testing;
- Provide technical guidance to the cavern operators and design input for new well facilities;
- Work with Management of Change Coordinator as a key approver for cavern development procedure changes and ensure technical documents are updated
- Ensure caverns are at all times in compliance with safety, health and environmental regulatory and internal laws and policies;
- Maintain the technical practices for wells and caverns including end of life cycle remediation plans.
- Liaison with Operations and Drilling groups for workover planning and workover programs;
- Coordinate the running of mechanical integrity tests for consistent data collection and interpretation to get valid results;
- Ensure required documentation is developed and maintained to ensure expectations for cavern integrity are met;
- Develop and maintain cavern data base;
- Provide direction to the assets on operational technical considerations on existing caverns and design of new cavern facilities including piping, geomechanical considerations, string sizes and depths, drilling best practices, spacing from other caverns, brine densities and washing plan for each cavern;
- Develop critical operating pressure ranges, pressure differentials between caverns, and how to respond if limits are reached;
- Establish direction for the assets for each fully washed cavern for the control of brine density and rates in the ongoing operation of these caverns; and
- Develop and manage records retention standard for well integrity to include: a database of wellhead, tubing-casing annuli, subsurface safety valves and downhole equipment, including technical specifications, testing and maintenance procedures.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree: preferably in Geology and Engineering;
- Registered professional engineer (P. Eng.);
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in one or more of the following:
- solution mining
- drilling rig operations
- horizontal and deviated well
- Experience in granite cavern;
- Wide range of solution mine cavern design and stability analysis, subsidence analysis and monitoring, well layout design, solution mining well/cavern abandonment and remediation, and drilling management;
- Polished professional written and verbal communications;
- A deep knowledge of industry codes and standards (CSA etc.);
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; and
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List