Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
790581 Job Summary
Manager, Software Test Products
Employer Job Id:
July 17, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 15, 2012
Manager, Software Test Products
- This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day software testing activities assigned to [Company] Milwaukee location. In this role, the Software Test Manager needs to understand all issues related to developing and testing software and firmware products. The Software Test Manager is responsible for leading a team to verify and validate that all relevant software and firmware products function correctly as intended by the requirements, designs, and meet customer’s expectation of quality and robustness. The Test Manager is responsible for the following activities:
- Manage all testing aspects of a multi-team, multi-location project utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Building and sustain a team of experienced software test engineers.
- Ensure the products are meeting or exceeding the quality levels expected by customers, including performance and robustness.
- Actively develop the skills required, and remove the barriers which prevent the utilization of resources to perform testing of other [Company] products.
- Actively participate in the management of remote resources from other [Company] locations and third parties.
- Continuously increase the efficiency of the test effort by deploying and appropriate level of automation, risk based testing techniques and Agile testing methodologies.
- Creating test plans, schedules, test cases and related test artifacts and ensuring the proper execution of plans and test cases
- Estimating test-related work loads, defect density and quality readiness activities.
- Lead the test group in the application of Agile testing practices
- Actively manage testing resources to ensure the quality of [Company] products meet or exceed customer expectations while applying an appropriate amount of resources.
- Work with peer managers to develop, implement and continuously improve development and testing processes, ensuring quality products delivered in a timely, predictable manner.
- Ensure Test Specifications and test artifacts are appropriate for testing the functional, system and interoperability of the [Company] product line.
- Understand and utilize metrics to guide decision making
- Establish and maintain budgets, plans, schedules and procedures required to accomplish department and business objectives.
- Continuously challenge the norm. Actively seek, manage and reward innovative thinking.
- Develop vision, sets direction and gets others (not just within their reporting structure) to follow - exudes trust, capability, listening, flexibility, and decision making), can take and defend unpopular but appropriate positions.
- Drive problems toward resolution when encountering ambiguity, uncertainty, or inflexibility. Hold self and others accountable for achieving goals and meeting commitments.
- Develops, nurtures and when necessary voices a conscience for the customer with respect to the release quality of the [Company] product line.
- Not only respond to change, but is a change agent themselves – take on and manage risk appropriately
- Promote professional Software Testing practice through proper Verification & Validation activities.
- B.S. Engineering or Computer Science. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in software testing or software development
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience working in or managing a large project utilizing Scrum or Agile methodologies.
- Prior managerial experience with engineering teams is desirable but not required.
- Experience with different software testing techniques, i.e.: Blackbox, Whitebox, Networking, Relational Database, GUI, Client-Server, Stress, etc.
- Experience in managing third party resources
- Familiarity with industrial automation software products, especially [Company] Software products, is preferred.
- Knowledge of CMMI, GAMP, or FDA regulations.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List