Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
790582 Job Summary
Project Manager – Marketing Events
Employer Job Id:
July 17, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 15, 2012
Project Manager – Marketing Events
- The Project Manager – Marketing Events is responsible for planning and execution of [Company] Commercial Event Team activities. These include, but are not limited to, trade shows, training events, seminars, sales, channel and customer events.
- Direct/Manage planning, logistics, and on-site coordination of designated tradeshows and events.
- Assist program committee with obtaining speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, and program advertisers.
- Facilitate development of session curriculum and scheduling for tradeshows and events.
- Facilitate creative collateral for events including, but not limited to theme, logo, promotional material, awareness campaigns, look and feel, guest speakers, multi-media, graphics, general session activities, etc.
- Facilitate updating of event web sites, both internal and external.
- Facilitate collection of all event session related material including PowerPoint presentations, hands-on lab images, hands-on lab manuals, and individual session requirements..
- Maintain event data, used for analysis (registration records, participation records, housing, etc.).
- Collect and analyze post-mortem data and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Schedule and/or supervise the planning of staff and equipment usage; arrange for other services as required.
- Facilitate other event requirements as needed, including but not limited to, audio/visual set-up, communications and IT needs, food and beverage selection, shipping/trucking, and swag selection and procurement.
- Interface with numerous external vendors including suppliers, event venues, staffing agency, audio/visual companies, PC rental companies and exhibit contractors.
- Support Manager – Commercial Events in continuous improvement of planning and execution of tradeshows and events. Document, maintain, and continually streamline overall policies, processes, and procedures for tradeshow and event operations.
- Work in a team environment, both in the planning and execution stages of each event, leveraging knowledge and expertise from inside and outside [Company] in order to create and deliver effective events
- Conduct tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14000, etc.) as well as [Company] policies and procedures.
- Approximately 6 – 8 weeks per year, up to 2 weeks at a time, with some weekend work required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Restaurant and Hospitality or other relevant area of study equivalent years of experience or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum three years of tradeshow/meeting/event management experience.
- Minimum three years of Project Management experience.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills in all aspects of work is essential.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to work extended hours in preparation and during tradeshows and events; up to 18 hours a day.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment; team work is critical.
- Minimum three years in a Marketing role
- Certified Meeting Planner accreditation, or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server or other relational database technologies
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds, move pallets weighing in excess of 800 pounds, and operate a powered pallet jack
- Familiarity with [Company] products
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List