Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
790649 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 24, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 24, 2012
[Company] is a major building materials and construction solutions provider proudly serving our customers since 1891 in the Western United States and Canada. We take pride in providing solutions to your greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production, ready mix concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, as well as concrete products and other building materials.
- The Fleet Manager will report to the Operations Manager (West) and will be responsible for the overall operation of various local Maintenance Truck Shops. Main duties will include employee leadership with strong emphasis on safety and environmental compliance. In additional to general management responsibilities this position works closely with other departments in the region/division, i.e., operations, dispatch, environmental, safety and human resources.
Key functions and tasks required in this position:
- Assist Safety Department with development of all personnel, including training, certifications. Assist HR with wage reviews, staffing and performance evaluations.
- Environmental, OSHA, MSHA, D.O.T. and other regulatory compliance.
- Direct, coach and develop employees into decision making and company policy compliance
- Manage daily operations for Maintenance shops, Assistant Fleet Manager, Mechanics and Shop Labor.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained in compliance with all DOT and State regulations.
- Planning and scheduling all maintenance for mixer trucks and auxiliary equipment.
- Strong emphasis on preventive and predictive maintenance practices.
- Negotiate with vendors to maximize purchasing power and ensure timely delivery of parts and service.
- Work with peers to establish best practices throughout the region / division.
- Perform all management duties for shop personnel, i.e., work direction, training, performance management, etc.
- Manage parts and inventories effectively
- Career Level: Mid-level Manager Years of
- Experience:5-10 years
- Any relevant management certifications, i.e., industry specific management training.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience running a large Ready Mix Maintenance Shop
- Experience managing and maintaining a large fleet of Ready Mix trucks and plant equipment.
- Experience with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and requirements.
- Experience managing a large group of employees in separate locations.
- Experience developing training programs for truck maintenance
- Personnel management experience, i.e., hiring and selection, performance reviews, wage issues, discipline, and legal compliance requirements.
- Work experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system.
- Knowledge of office systems, including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office software packages.
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Leader by example
- Able to set direction as well as perform hands-on work
- Team player both inside and outside areas of direct responsibility
- Great communicator
- Quick Study
- Ability to multi-task
- Unflappable and Empathetic
- Attention to detail as well as the big picture
- Able to set priorities
- Preferred job specifications may be used to enhance success in the search of the candidate. These specifications do not disqualify candidates without them from consideration.
- Experience in a vertically integrated construction materials organization preferred
- Member of relevant professional organizations
- Experience with SAP
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List