Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
790698 Job Summary
Application and Deskside Support Analyst
Employer Job Id:
July 18, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
August 30, 2012
Application and Deskside Support Analyst
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Our phenomenal growth has been based on the fundamental principles of effective cost control, proactive balance sheet management and a defined operating strategy. Canadian Natural maintains a large, balanced portfolio of assets with production and development of both natural gas and crude oil.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Application and Deskside Support Analyst will provide end-user support for application and hardware related issues that have been escalated from first-level support (Service Desk). This role will require some travel (1-2 days per month).
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Provide incident support
• Maintain and build positive relationships with customers and other IS members through regular communications and Deskside/stakeholder visits when necessary
• Provide project support to IS projects
• Detect and escalate issues to 3rd level support as required
• Monitor anti-virus status for end-users systems (desktops, laptops, workstations)
• Perform regular data updates to various applications on a daily, weekly
and monthly basis
• Provide primary support for application issues for the Horizon site
• Creation of Knowledge Base articles when new solutions are found to support 1st level
• Monitor Remedy queues for new tickets; update, resolve and escalate as required
• Provide Blackberry and iPhone support
• Typically 3+ years of related industry experience with relevant technical qualification/certification
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Desktop Windows operating systems (XP and Windows 7); server experience is also an asset
o Windows systems including file systems, permissions, services and registry structures
o Networks and database systems, including Oracle and Microsoft SQL
o Application architectures including standalone, client-server, Web applications and remotely delivered applications
o Writing and documentation (e.g. creation of knowledge base articles and process and procedure documents)
o Working in a role where client service skills are required
• Experience with the following technology areas would be an asset:
o Common geology and geophysical applications like Accumap, Petrolab, Petra and Seisware.
o Field connection technologies like wireless (Blue Tree) and satellite links
o Remote connection technologies including Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop.
o Hardware, including printers, scanners, laptops, peripheral devices
o General Microsoft Office applications
o Experience with Remedy or other Call Ticketing software
o Exposure to scripting and experience with Wise Package Studio and MSI technology and/or VMware ThinApp
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List