The post holder will be employed in the capacity of Geoscientist at the Fugro Robertson Limited headquarters in North Wales, UK. The purpose of the role is to undertake specialised QEMSCAN, core magnetics and/or chemostratigraphy.
The incumbent will liaise with small to medium-scale projects and liaise with clients to ensure expectations are managed and met. In addition, he or she will be required to perform interpretation, reporting and presentation and possibly sample collection, sample preparation, sample measurement and generation of data.
• Produce high quality interpretations from QEMSCAN, palaeomagnetic and/or chemostratigraphic data
• Prepare reports and present results
• Manage small to medium-scale projects
• Liaise with clients as appropriate
• Work at all times in accordance with Quality, Security, Health and Safety processes
• To be part of a proactive team of technical staff responsible for delivering a high-quality, customer-focused, professional service
• Communication of project results to clients through written communications and presentations
• Maintenance of relationships with third party suppliers and internal group departments
• Update and improve skills and knowledge base
• To support and undertake such other functions and responsibilities as are required from time to time and where it is deemed relevant and advantageous to our operations
• To attend Training and Development courses/workshops as deemed necessary
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• BSc Geology degree
• MSc and/or PhD in relevant geological area:
• Mineralogy/Chemical Stratigraphy/palaeomagnetics
• Working for an oil and gas (or similar geological) consultancy company
• Experience of working with multiple aspects of geological applications of QEMSCAN, stratigraphic and/or magnetic data
• Experience of project management procedures, developing detailed project plans and managing projects with time and budget restraints whilst satisfying objectives for quality
• Experience of Microsoft packages e.g word, excel & databases, as well as industry software
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Ability to establish and maintain a high quality, professional relationship with clients and other employees
• Focused and keen on exceeding expectations.
• Professional and calm in tense or challenging situations.
• Good interpersonal skills at all levels of contact.
• Good Organisational Skills
• Able to prioritize and manage workload.
• Team player with initiative to work on own when required
• A flexible outlook
• Excellent attention to detail
What we offer
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, private health insurance, childcare vouchers, and annual pay reviews. Our head office is located on the edge of the stunningly beautiful Snowdonia National Park, where there are fantastic opportunities for mountaineering, walking, cycling, sailing and other outdoor pursuits.
Contact person Julie Roberts