Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791281 Job Summary
Manager: Strategic Sourcing – EPC
Employer Job Id:
July 18, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 18, 2012
Manager: Strategic Sourcing – EPC
One of the top 50 Global Energy companies is seeking a Manager: Strategic Sourcing – EPC.
Knowledge of Supply Chain Contract management fundamentals, best practices and industry trends.
Skills / Edu / Exp
Minimum 8 years relevant experience
Appropriate B Degree (Commercial, Law or Engineering) or equivalent
Relevant Professional Body membership (CIPS) recommended or equivalent management qualification
The incumbent in this role must demonstrate the following skills
- The successful applicant will be a motivated self-starter with a strong commercial background and a proven contracts, procurement and supply track record in the Oil & Gas upstream industry.
- Strong interpersonal abilities to maintain good relationships with technical experts, senior management, joint venture partners, suppliers and other stakeholders and ensure maximum commitment and support
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Contract management fundamentals, best practices and industry trends, particularly in relation to
- Contract Strategy formulation and implementation
- Risk and Opportunity Analysis
- Contractor Relationship Management
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Strength of personality to apply work standards and ethics in line with corporate guidelines
- The ability to build relationships in a multi-cultural environment is essential
- Willingness to travel internationally
Purpose of the Job
- A Strategic Sourcing Officer responsible for the category management of Company’s requirements for the Job Scope.
- The scope is the complete source to spend management of the category, entailing the balancing of a business analysis of the demand with the market analysis of the supply to develop a category strategy that enables the company to extract the most value from the relevant markets in the execution of its business.
- The job requires close association with domain technical specialists to ensure business requirements are understood and met, strong communication skills to relate these requirements to suppliers and stakeholders, sound commercial acumen to identify and maximise value from any supplier relationship, and good contract drafting skills to capture the value in agreements.
- Furthermore the job requires optimum performance management of the supplier post award to avoid value leakage during contract execution.
All Construction Services in the Southern African region, including mechanical and civil works and EPC/EPCM contractors.
To work as a Strategic Sourcing officer, the candidate must have the following skills:
- Relationship management (to influence and communicate, and establish credibility with stakeholders and suppliers)
- Domain expertise (knowledge of specifications, supply markets, cost drivers, regulatory market etc.), and
- Strategy development (commercial acumen, procurement expertise)
- In terms of importance the latter capability is seen as the most important followed by relationship management, as domain expertise can be learnt, and fresh thinking can be instrumental in developing new value opportunities.
- Formulate and implement Category Strategies that reflect an integrated technical and commercial approach to the market.
- Ensure strategic sourcing decisions assure the best long term value to the business from third party agreements, recognizing total cost of ownership in the formula.
- Define and implement coherent, robust sourcing strategies that:
- Apply market intelligence and experience;
- Address stakeholder issues and concerns;
- Make use of scopes and specifications that have been developed in collaboration with technical teams and operational units;
- Incorporate contract specific tactics that protect the company and mitigate risks but optimize contractor behaviours and maximize value.
- Plan and engage the technical line in the development of tender and contractual documentation, including cost estimates.
- Conduct tender processes and (where necessary) negotiations with national and international suppliers/service providers to optimize the Company’s commercial position.
- Implement and maintain supplier relationship management for the category to ensure alignment of contractors with organisational and contractual goals.
- Manage the performance of the contracts post award, through the monitoring of KPIs and deliverables, and support the contract holder in applying any corrective action, including the development of variations and amendments
- Apply strict corporate governance and compliance procedures in the process of evaluating, selecting and engaging third parties, and ensure supply chain systems, procedures and policies are used appropriately.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List