Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791594 Job Summary
Senior Project Geologist
Employer Job Id:
San Antonio, TX
July 18, 2012
Golder Associates Inc.
September 16, 2012
Senior Project Geologist
- Founded in Canada in 1960, we are a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Today, our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 8,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The Golder U.S. team ( Golder Associates Inc. ) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of 45 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
- The San Antonio office of Golder Associates Inc. is looking for a qualified candidate to fill a Senior Project Geologist position with an emphasis on oil and gas exploration and production.
- Work as part of a team on environmental, geotechnical, and engineering related projects.
- Participate in and/or manage environmental projects that involve field studies; soil, water, air, and waste characterization sampling; subsurface site characterizations involving drilling, soil classification, coring and well installation; environmental assessments; engineering design; construction monitoring; permit preparation; emergency response; and proposal and report preparation.
- Be able to interact with coworkers, subcontractors and clients in the oil and natural gas exploration and production industry.
- Take a personal and active approach to health, safety and environment and understand and follow all local, state, federal and company health, safety, and environmental requirements applicable to the work area and tasks assigned.
- Be able to take direction from intermediate and senior staff to achieve goals.
- Contribute to projects with a focus on data collection, management, processing.
- Be able to apply skills properly with a good understanding of data and information.
- Be accountable for completing tasks on time and on budget.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often on multiple tasks and projects.
- Have good aptitude for using and understanding computer applications (office, modeling, etc.).
- Travel and fieldwork as dictated by project demands.
- Contribute to planning, permitting and estimating and other engineering related practices and principals.
- Bachelor’s in Geology.
- 5 to 12 years’ experience in the environmental field and 1 to 2 years’ experience in the Texas oil and gas exploration and production industry.
- Must be familiar with waste sampling, site characterization and profiling, and waste hauling and permitting requirements under the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and the Railroad Commission of Texas.
- Must be able to coordinate and manage a small (3-5 person) field team.
- Experience in emergency spill response.
- Ability, aptitude and willingness to quickly learn engineering software.
- Ability and willingness to work in team based environment, and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with a positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List