Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791722 Job Summary
Sales Engineer I
Employer Job Id:
July 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 16, 2012
Sales Engineer I
- [Company] in Bethlehem, PA, has a position opening for a Sales Engineer I in its Pneumatic Transport Sales Department.
- Employee is responsible for supporting the District and Sales Managers, Domestic and International Sales Representatives, and [Company] sister offices. Specifically, the employee shall size, develop pricing for, prepare proposal for, and obtain purchase orders for pneumatic conveying and/or gas handling equipment in the Cement, Distribution Systems, Power, Petrochemical, Minerals, and Oil & Gas, etc. markets through the use of the products and services offered by the [Company] Pneumatic Transport Department (Pneumatic Transport Applications).
- Support the [Company] Quality System in your day-to-day job duties and ensure the highest level of compliance with Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions. Utilize and promote consistent and conscientious use of the [Company] CRM system for appointment scheduling and regular maintenance of opportunity status.
- Promote Pneumatic Conveying Systems and Products to achieve Purchase Orders through customer acceptance and industry recognition. Accomplish this by reviewing all inquiries, communicating with the sales force and responding with a Bid/No-Bid decision within 48 hours of receipt of the inquiry or customer required time limits, if sooner. Follow the departmental published procedures, including Strategic Proposing and Levels of Authority guidelines to ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved. Accomplish the annual departmental and personal goals established for this position.
- Evaluate applications, provide equipment sizing and detailed cost estimates, prepare cost & price worksheets, flow diagrams and equipment specifications for Pneumatic Transport Applications utilizing all available resources. Prepare and submit competitive, strategic proposals to customer, which address resolution of technical specifications as well as commercial terms and conditions.
- Upon successfully obtaining a Purchase Order, prepare complete, accurate Order Entry Packages per departmental procedures to ensure smooth and quick transfer from Sales to Operations. Participate in the contract kick-off meeting with the Project Management and Engineering departments.
- Provide Sales Leadership for field representatives and customers through technical advice, sales effort, and commercial support in matters relating to Pneumatic Transport Applications. As required, prepare and deliver technically accurate, interesting, and enthusiastic presentations for all Pneumatic Transport Department products.
- Responsible for follow-up with Field Sales Representative and/or customer leading to successful contract negotiations. Participate in contract execution activities when specifically requested.
- Coordinate with and obtain the assistance of support departments (e.g. Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, Manufacturing, Legal and Financial) as required to support proposal creation and submittal, purchase order acceptance, and project turnover.
- Work in conjunction with R&D to evaluate materials and their characteristics as related to applications.
- Keep abreast of competitor and market activity along with newly-developed technologies and communicate to the Market Manager. Look for ideas and concepts to improve the [Company] products both technically and commercially.
- Provide departmental assistance to the Market Managers and Sales Manager. The employee will be measured on the successful completion of specific assignments.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering including blueprint reading, mechanical drafting, physics, geometry and trigonometry, the incumbent should also have 2-4 years of experience in technically related fields or industries.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and vendors.
- Ability to manage and organize a high volume of work load while maintaining schedules.
- Computer Skills are required (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database Skills, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Ability to deliver a professional sales or training seminar to small or large groups.
- 2-4 years’ experience in the application, design and selling of pneumatic conveying equipment or similar type industrial equipment.
- Frequent travel (average of 20% of time), which may include working in foreign locations.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List