Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791727 Job Summary
Project Safety Manager
Employer Job Id:
July 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 16, 2012
Project Safety Manager
[Company] is a company that builds. Building is fundamental to our character as a company. While building a financially sound company, thousands of people have built long and productive careers at Granite. At[Company] , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development.
- This position is responsible for managing and overseeing the Accident Prevention Program, and the corresponding laws that relate to the safety of our work, for the assigned Selmon Highway Redecking Project in Tampa, Florida.
- Administer, direct and manage compliance with the company safety program and local accident prevention efforts to ensure company safety goals are met. This includes the authority and ability to change and/or adjust work procedures as may be required to ensure the safety of affected employees and the general public.
- Develop, organize and implement safety related programs that meet or exceed company safety standards. This includes the ability to make independent judgments concerning the general safety of our work.
- Investigate, prepare and maintain a record of all third party, asset loss and workers compensation claims to make certain that the interests of the company are preserved.
- Follow up with the corporate insurance department as regards insurance claims, to ensure that documentary information has been collected, secured, and preserved so that claims will be resolved in a timely manner. As may be required at the local office, this includes the authority and ability to represent and/or negotiate the settlement of certain loss related claims.
- Initiate, perform and document jobsite inspections and audits with special emphasis on hazard recognition, unsafe behaviors and correction of potential third party, asset loss and workers compensation losses. This necessitates the ability to think independently, communicate thoroughly and facilitate the implementation of corrections/behaviors.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct safety meetings and training programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy and safety standards.
- Provide a strategic vision for creating safe work areas for affected employees and the general public. This includes but is not limited to conducting initial work area assessments and the development and facilitation of appropriate training programs.
- Coordinate and participate in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Coordinate and control the development and review of job hazard analysis for each major phase of our work to ensure its safe completion. This includes assessing the need for and facilitating the training for each JHA as may be required.
- Ability to consistently act with integrity and credibility, by abiding by and enforcing Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field, or,
- Experience: Minimum 5+ years of previous Safety Manager experience, preferably in the Construction field required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Fall Protection and MUTCD standards, and DOT regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of Construction Safety Orders.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, and other state and federal guidelines.
- Ability to work in high production environment (50+ hours/week, including nights and weekends).
- Respond quickly and effectively, communicating and working well with managers and employees regarding any Safety matter.
- Able to make independent judgments to manage and facilitate company programs/policies as they relate to the safety of our work.
- Required Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team environment.
Candidates must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. A comprehensive understanding of Worker's Compensation and general liability processes is a plus. Must be able to perform, train or be trained in the following: Hazard Communication, Basic First Aid/CPR, Respiratory Protection, Blood borne pathogens, Use of PPE, Crane Safety, Fall Protection and Machine Guarding.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List