Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791730 Job Summary
IT Technician I
Employer Job Id:
July 18, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 16, 2012
IT Technician I
Since 1922 [Company] has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At[Company] , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship. Are we right for you, are you right for us? Why not find out!!
- Provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment. Responsible for setting and changing passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications.
- Support business applications to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Maintain/Update Business Unit hardware inventory to comply with asset management standards.
- Handle incoming IT Service Requests to ensure computer user inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Support the use of printers, fax machines, copiers and multi-function machines to maintain operational readiness.
- Build out new laptop and desktop systems to comply with asset rotation and retention policy.
- Install appropriate business applications in compliance with corporate standards.
- Physical setup and deployment of computer systems, monitors, printers and other peripherals to ensure seamless operation of business function.
- Train and orient users on use of hardware and software to maintain an educated and efficient workforce.
- Utilizes an automated Service Request Tracking System to maintain assigned tasks and priorities.
- Education and professional certifications
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of training, experience and certifications.
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred.
- Minimum 0 to 1 year relevant experience in network and/or PC support environment.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on most work.
- Basic knowledge of Windows XP Professional.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Good Organizational skills.
- Excellent Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to plants, satellite offices and job sites.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List