Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791737 Job Summary
Office Administrator II
Employer Job Id:
Santa Clara, CA
July 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 16, 2012
Office Administrator II
Since 1922 [Company] has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At[Company] , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship.
- This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the Business Manager and/or Office Manager in performing multiple administrative and accounting functions to ensure efficient, cost effective and professional office operations.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for assisting and performing day-to-day administrative and accounting functions of the business unit to ensure accurate, efficient and timely processes.
- Perform various daily, weekly and monthly administrative functions and process all or some of the following: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contracts, material billings, equipment reporting, fuel reconciliation, petty cash, purchasing card reconciliation and document control to ensure accuracy and timely completion in accordance with established procedures and compliance with Company policy, General Accepted Accounting Principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to the Business Manager and/or Office Manager on relevant issues to ensure key information is disseminated.
- Assist field operations with informational inquiries to ensure productive work environment.
- Review and recommend changes as necessary to all contract and subcontract documents to ensure timely, accurate and efficient processing and compliance.
- Perform large job set ups, contract billings and A/R collections to ensure accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Assist with internal audits and self-audits of all business functions to ensure that established internal controls are followed to maintain compliance with [Company] policies and procedures, including all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Assist other functional leaders with administrative functions including Human Resources, Equipment, Safety, Estimating and Construction Materials to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide purchasing/ shipping/ receiving support, for field operations as needed to ensure productive work environment. Depending on work location.
- Provide business development support, as needed, for communicating with customers (mailings/ faxes/ invitations, etc.). Depending on work location
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years administrative/office experience
- 1 year accounting experience preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to understand company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
- Must be proficient on spreadsheet and word processing applications, i.e. Word and Excel.
- Must demonstrate ethical and professional business practices.
- Must have effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond with a sense of urgency as required.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- JD Edwards World/One World.
- 10 key by touch.
- JWS Material Billings System (preferred).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to abide by [Company] Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
- Team player.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List