Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791738 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 16, 2012
- The Parts Manager will be responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the parts department. This individual will advise and make recommendations to the Parts & Service Operations Manager with respect to the best interest of the parts department whenever and wherever the activities of the company are involved.
- The Parts Manager will report to the Parts and Service Operations Manager.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of all Bismarck parts personnel and responsible to oversee various functions such as, customer parts order processing, telephone sales, in‐store merchandising, warehousing and storage systems, shipping and receiving, office functions, safety programs in material handling and vehicles, pickup and delivery functions, and office parts processes and filing
- Provide the direction, leadership, and coaching necessary to achieve professional parts sales and parts processes at profitability and customer service/customer satisfaction standards and help all parts personnel achieve both company and personal goals
- Take an active part in company sales and service meetings and communicate extensively with Sales and Service Managers to ensure accurate forecasting parts needs of customer machines
- Maintains contacts with customers and constantly evaluates the degree of parts service offered
- Monitors expenses in order to improve the profits of the department
- Conduct regular parts meetings and training sessions to communicate company objectives and policies, to develop specialized skills and to encourage employee participation and personal growth
- Responsible for working with HR to recruit, hire, and train employees
- Evaluate the performance of parts personnel vs. job descriptions and review salary levels and bonus plans at least once per year with all parts personnel in a formal setting
- Responsible for the morale and discipline of the parts personnel working within company policies, including termination, if necessary
- Work with Marketing/Advertising in developing and promoting parts specials, featured items
- Maintain a clean, organized customer friendly atmosphere and display area(s) in the parts department
- Makes recommendations with regard to the stocking and sales of parts
- Continually studies parts management practices, attends conferences/seminars conducted by
- Manufacturers and associations, and makes every effort to keep posted on the latest and most efficient methods of running a profitable parts department
- Ability to balance the business needs and goals of the company while looking out for the best interests of our customers
- Conducts administrative details and other projects as assigned by management
- Extensive background in heavy construction equipment a plus
- Must have a good working knowledge of sales techniques and a good understanding of financial reporting principles
- Solid inventory management knowledge
- An above average computer comfort level to work with Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, MS Outlook,
- Purchase Order systems and Distributor Operating systems such as MTA or NDS
- Must have a good working knowledge of business financial markers and apply the resources to maintain an efficient parts department
- 2 year technical degree in related field or 4 year college degree or equivalent a plus
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must have a positive mental attitude
- Maintain excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Must have excellent customer service skills, both internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills
- Attain short‐ and long‐term objectives through good management and planning
- Should be personable, highly motivated, a problem solver, ethical, and able to adapt to all forces around
- them – customers, suppliers, coworkers, and manufacturers.
Nature and Scope Of Job:
- Requires prolonged sitting with periodic lifting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching
- Requires the ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain an insurable driving record
- The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents.
- Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
- Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List