Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791742 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 16, 2012
- The Apprentice Electrician position is responsible for the efficient manufacture, fabrication, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and support operations of all company-supported electrical products and equipment.
- The Apprentice Electrician will report directly to the Electrical Shop Manager in day to day operations and will report to the Fabrication Shop Manager for performance/wage issues, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of Electrical Switchgear and Equipment on Power Vans, Control Vans, and Operator
- Control Modules
- Rebuilding of Used Electrical Switchgear and Equipment on Power Vans, Control Vans, and
- Operator Control Modules
- Layout and assembly of Electrical panels and Switchgear
Electrical Inventory Responsibilities:
- Prepare complete materials and parts lists for posting to appropriate work orders
- Prepare parts, cord, and switchgear assemblies for shipping to customers and/or vendors
- Assist in maintaining, organizing, and other duties related to Electrical Inventory
- Extensive Electrical experience required
- Strong Mechanical Background
- Strong Troubleshooting Skills
- Forklift Equipment Operations Background
- Strong Organizational and Detail-oriented
- Soft starts, VFD’s and interlocking circuits
- Read, draw and understand electrical drawings (ex. Ladder diagrams) for control schematics
- Ability to understand and communicate with both verbal and written skills
Nature And Scope Of Job:
- Requires prolonged standing with periodic lifting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching
- Requires the ability to lift 50 lbs. – 75 lbs.
- Ability to sustain considerable physical effort at frequent intervals
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain an insurable driving record
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must have a positive mental attitude
- Works in an efficient and effective manner
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Contribution to departmental and product line goals
- Must be willing to travel as there may be some overnight field service work involved from time to time
- The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents.
- Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
- Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List