Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
791750 Job Summary
Sales & Service Engineer I
Employer Job Id:
July 18, 2012
FLSmidth Mineral Processing
September 16, 2012
Sales & Service Engineer I
- FLSmidth Inc . in Bethlehem, PA, has a position opening for a Sales & Service Engineer I in its Pneumatic Transport Sales Department.
This position is responsible for:
- Size equipment, develop pricing, and prepare proposals for the Pneumatic Conveying Systems in the Cement, Distribution Systems, Power, Petrochemical, and Minerals markets. Employee is specifically responsible for supporting the Domestic District Sales Managers, Domestic and International Sales Representatives, and FLSmidth Inc sister offices for the Pneumatic Conveying product lines.
- Provide in-office and field service support for all FLS-PT equipment, primarily focused on, but not limited to, ship & barge unloader products (Docksider),Fuller-Kinyon Pumps and Ful-Vane Compressors.
- Support the FLSmidth Inc Quality System in your day-to-day job duties and ensure the highest level of compliance with Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions. Utilize and promote consistent and conscientious use of the FLSmidth CRM system for appointment scheduling and regular maintenance of opportunity status.
- Promote Pneumatic Conveying Systems and Products to achieve Purchase Orders through customer acceptance and industry recognition. Accomplish this by responding immediately to request for assistance with field problems, either by phone or at the customer’s facility; by reviewing all inquiries, communicating with the sales force and responding with a Bid/No-Bid decision, within 48 hours of receipt of the inquiry or customer required time limits, if sooner.
- Evaluate applications, provide equipment sizing and detailed cost estimates, prepare cost & price worksheets, flow diagrams and equipment specifications for Pneumatic Conveying applications, utilizing all available resources. Follow the departmental published procedures, including Strategic Proposing and Levels of Authority guidelines to ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved. Accomplish the annual departmental and personal goals established for this position. Prepare and submit competitive, strategic proposals to customer, including the addressing and resolution of technical specifications as well as addressing commercial terms and conditions.
- Upon successfully obtaining a Purchase Order, prepare complete and accurate Order Entry Packages per departmental procedures to ensure smooth and quick transfer from Sales to Operations. Participate in the contract kick off meeting with the Project Management and Engineering departments.
- Provide Sales Leadership for Field Sales Representatives and customers through technical advice in matters relating to pneumatic conveying applications and support of the sales effort. As required, Prepare and deliver technically accurate, interesting and enthusiastic presentations for all Pneumatic Conveying products.
- Responsible for follow-up with Field Sales Representative and/or customer leading to successful contract negotiations. Participate in contract execution activities when specifically requested.
- Coordinate with and obtain the assistance of support departments (Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, Manufacturing, Legal and Financial) as required to support proposal creation and submittal.
- Work in conjunction with R&D to evaluate materials and their characteristics as related to applications.
- Keep abreast of competitor and market activity along with newly-developed technologies and communicate to the Market Manager. Look for ideas and concepts to improve the FLSmidth Inc products both technically and commercially.
- Provide departmental assistance to the Market Managers and Sales Manager. The employee will be measured on the successful completion of specific assignments.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering including blueprint reading, mechanical drafting, physics, geometry and trigonometry, the incumbent should also have 2-4 years of experience in technically related fields or industries.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and vendors.
- Ability to manage and organize a high volume of work load while maintaining schedules.
- Ability to understand and trouble shoot complex systems, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical and hydraulics sub-systems. Demonstrated experience with hand tools, power equipment, complex machinery, electrical equipment and hydraulic systems.
- Computer Skills are required (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database Skills, AutoCAD, etc).
- Ability to deliver a professional sales or training seminar to small or large groups.
- 2-4 years’ experience in the application, design and selling of pneumatic conveying equipment or similar type industrial equipment.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List