- FIFO 26 days on, 9 days off
- Be a part of a large marine/ safety and environment project
- Excellent salary and benefits package offered
My major client is seeking to employ a number of HSE advisors to join them in one of the world's largest natural gas projects based in Nth West of Western Australia• . Based on Barrow Island, Western Australia, you will be a key part of the HSE team working to ensure a safe environment for my client's team on Barrow Island.
The Gorgon Project will develop the Gorgon and Jansz/Io gas fields, located within the Greater Gorgon area, about 130 kilometres off the north-west coast of Western Australia. Reporting to the Barrow Island HSEQS Supervisor, you will be responsible for implementing Project Health and Safety management systems, processes and relationships to ensure compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements and to facilitate the Project's sustainable development.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Implementing and maintaining safe working practices and procedures.
• Co-ordinating and delivering HSES and environmental awareness training, including demonstrating the correct usage of PPE.
• Co-ordinating and delivering training programs on IMS, risk management, safety leadership, hazard reduction, continuous improvement and business growth.
• Ensuring training and inductions are completed in accordance with contractual obligations and IMS requirements.
• Conducting HSES system and compliance audits.
• Conducting random HSES inspections of workplace equipment and facilities.
• Investigating incidents, identifying root cause and timely corrective actions.
• Ensure RISC database is populated and updated in a timely manner whilst maintaining site risk registers.
• Ensuring risk assessments/ JHAs are completed for all tasks and activities.
• Maintaining site security.
• Providing HSES and basic risk management advice to senior managers.
• Co-ordinating workers compensation and injury management programs.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following mandatory minimum skills and experience:
• 3 - 5 years experience in a similar HSE role. - preferably within a marine environment
• A background in Transport & Logistics, Oil & Gas or Resources.
• Experience in supply base operations including dangerous goods, forklift, crane, heavy lift, stevedoring and transport.
• Experience using HSE&Q management systems and a strong understanding of relevant OH&S State and Federal regulatory requirements.
• Experience in HSE program and training design and development.
• Experience co-ordinating site HSE programs and campaigns.
• Awareness of safety culture and change issues in the workplace.
• Strong understanding of internal auditing practices.
• Group facilitation, coaching and training skills.
• Proven problem solving ability with a solutions orientation.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite, plus IPMS or equivalent oracle-based materials management system.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.