Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
792310 Job Summary
Senior Specialist: Procurement
Employer Job Id:
July 19, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 19, 2012
Senior Specialist: Procurement
Join a company who offer international career opportunities!
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the capital growth projects of the Company leads to the production of gold in a safe way, making use of goods and services which have been sourced at the most competitive cost, quality, quantity and delivery times.
Skills / Edu / Exp
- A recognised B-degree in commerce, legal, technical or equivalent.
- A post graduate degree would be advantageous.
- A minimum of 10 years’ working experience in a procurement function for capital growth mining projects in Owner's or EPCM Contractors Teams.
- Experience as a team leader.
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of project procurement and materials management and the mining environment in Africa.
- Detailed working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems such as SAP, Oracle, and JD Edwards.
Responsible for and/or manage EPCM contractors’ functions with regard to the following:
- Development and maintenance of and compliance to procurement strategies, plans, policies, procedures and document templates for large scale gold mining capital growth projects to ensure the achievement of the project objectives.
- Prequalification of suppliers and contractors, educating vendors on requirements and standards and maintenance of approved vendors lists on a portfolio level to be used for projects.
- Tender Process management, preparation of project package tenderers lists, compilation of enquiries and contract documentation including scope of supplies, specifications, schedules, conditions and the like and management of the receipt and adjudication of tenders and the award and administration of purchase orders.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers, contractors and consultants, realising maximum savings and maximum beneficial deliveries.
- Set-up and maintain electronic systems for procurement, allowing effective reporting on procurement activities against plan, invoice and payment administration, spending and savings against estimates.
Equipment and Materials Management:
- Fabrication/manufacturing management to desired standards and approved designs through inspections and quality assurance and quality control processes and performance of expediting to troubleshoot and develop recovery strategies and monitor/expedite overdue orders for equipment and materials.
- Logistics and customs management through appointed service providers and own logistics team, ensuring adherence to import/export requirements.
- Project equipment and materials warehouse management.
- Ensure all procurement activities are undertaken in a clear and transparent manner and an appropriate audit trail is in place to satisfy corporate governance and other statutory requirements.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Gather benchmarking and market intelligence (including from low cost centres and procurement hubs) on equipment, materials and services and understand positioning in the market.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal customers, joint venture partners, suppliers, contractors and consultants with a view to assess and improve the quality of the project procurement functions and service delivery by the suppliers, contractors and consultants.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List