Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
792533 Job Summary
Haul Truck Driver
Employer Job Id:
July 19, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 17, 2012
Haul Truck Driver
- This position’s primary responsibilities include operating an off-highway truck to move material from the quarry to the primary crusher. Safely drives and maneuvers vehicle into position for loading, dumping and spreading material. Assists in stockpiling materials at plant and stockpile area and hauls other material as required. Inspects vehicle’s mechanisms and monitors and maintains fluid levels. Assists mechanic with minor service and repairs to equipment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates will be required and expected to:
- Performs pre-shift and post-shift safety inspections and completes daily equipment reports.
- Reports unsafe mechanical conditions to shop foreman and supervisor.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices on equipment.
- Follows established traffic patterns avoiding tire hazards and other hazardous conditions.
- Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with varying shifts and must be punctual in adhering to established start times.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
- Candidates must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to weather elements, some noise; must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
- The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed and expected for this position. Candidate may be assigned to duties other than those outlined above as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
- Willing to learn from others and follow directions
- Able to make appropriate decisions
- Dependable, conscientious and show initiative
- Willing to adhere to rules and regulations
- Performs duties safely, responsibly and proficiently
- Uses time efficiently and ensures job duties, issues and concerns are handled in a timely, appropriate manner
- Team player
- Candidates must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to weather elements, some noise, and heavy lifting.
- Must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
- Initiates and takes action before being required to do so; demonstrates ability to work under minimum supervision
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List