Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
792535 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 19, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 17, 2012
- Inspect production materials and products, prepare samples and conduct testing to ensure compliance with DOT, customer and Company standards on all materials. Complete inspections and maintain records as required by environmental permits. Prepare and maintain accurate data of testing results. Prepare various reports, work with outside vendors, agencies and customers, and formulate specific recommendations to resolve or correct quality issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates will be required and expected to:
- Collect and test samples of aggregate products for conformance to specifications and maintain test documentation.
- Assure that material produced is tested to ensure compliance with specification for company or any governmental agency.
- Maintain good communications skills.
- Complete and follow all required reporting practices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain good relations with internal and external customers along with all state inspectors.
- Monitor daily the construction of plant stockpile to ensure that segregation and contamination of stockpiled materials is kept at a minimum or eliminated.
- The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed and expected for this position. Candidate may be assigned to duties other than those outlined above as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
- Willing to learn from others and follow directions
- Able to make appropriate decisions
- Dependable, conscientious and show initiative
- Willing to adhere to rules and regulations
- Performs duties safely, responsibly and proficiently
- Uses time efficiently and ensures job duties, issues and concerns are handled in a timely, appropriate manner
- Team player
- Candidates must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to weather elements, some noise, and heavy lifting.
- Must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
- Initiates and takes action before being required to do so; demonstrates ability to work under minimum supervision
- Able to operate various testing equipment; manage and monitor areas in the yard
- Able to follow and perform confined space and fall protection procedures
- Able to work wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Able to perform heavy work and heavy lifting, with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
21 - 25 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List