Our client delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. They are the world's leading chemical company that converts energy, natural minerals and nitrogen from the air into essential products for farmers and industrial customers. Their global activities range from phosphate mining and ammonia production, through commodity trade and energy arbitrag. They are the world's largest producer of ammonia, nitrate and complex fertiliser, and with about 20% of global ammonia trade. Due to ongoing expansion they currently require an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician to work at their plant in Karratha on the North West coast of Western Australia.
The plant uses natural gas to produce anhydrous ammonia, which is then exported via a bulk liquid berth located 5.5 km from the plant. The plant uses advanced Electrical & Instrumentation Systems. As part of the E&I team your key responsibilities will be to:
- Perform preventive & corrective maintenance of electrical and instrumentation equipment and systems.
- Ensure EHS statutory and regulatory requirements are adhered to while discharging your duties.
- Maintain the highest possible level of reliability and availability to achieve the electrical and instrumentation team's shared objectives.
- Electrical and Instrumentation trade qualifications sufficient to satisfy West Australian "Electrician" licensing requirements.
- High regard for safe working practices.
- At least three years post apprenticeship experience, in operations and maintenance of industrial electrical and instrumentation systems as applicable to a process plant.
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel and maintenance management systems).
- Ability to work independently, and in a team.
- Strong planning, organising and job management skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings/documents like schematics, loop diagrams.
- Senior First Aid.
- Certificate IV in process Instrumentation.
- Knowledge of Electrical and Instrumentation jobs in hazardous area.
- High Voltage Training, EWP and Forklift ticket etc. are an added advantage.
In return a competitive salary is offered along with a generous holiday entitlement and benefits package
If this role is of interest and you would like to apply please respond to this advert with an up to date version of your resume.