Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
793520 Job Summary
Mechanical Engineer 4
Employer Job Id:
December 6, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
February 6, 2013
Mechanical Engineer 4
Our Mechanical Engineer 4:
- Layout and design of Mechanical systems for industrial clients including energy, chemicals, manufacturing, consumer products, and pharmaceutical facilities.
- Mechanical systems would include general comfort heating and cooling, those with accurate temperature or humidity control, unique pressurization requirements, and/or cleanliness requirements for clean rooms or cGMP applications.
- Mechanical utility and plumbing systems would include steam, hot water, chilled water, cooling water, potable water, safety shower/eyewash water, purified water, and compressed air.
- Development of the design criteria which would define the requirements which the systems would be required to deliver.
- Development of conceptual design and preliminary design documents which would include calculations related to sizing and selecting of these systems, the development of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and general arrangements.
- Development of final design documents including specification, sequences of operation as well as the HVAC ductwork and Utility piping layout and final construction documents.
- Thorough knowledge of codes and cGMPs related to the design of industrial and manufacturing facilities and systems.
- Will assist in the development of junior personnel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to follow direction and to collaborate with other team members and other design disciplines.
- Ability to evaluate field conditions and take field measurements.
- Ability to interact with clients and vendors to achieve project requirements.
- Must be able to execute tasks within budget, schedule and scope.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design of Mechanical systems.
- Thorough knowledge of codes and cGMPs related to design of industrial facilities and systems.
- Must have AutoCAD experience. 3D modeling experience using AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, PDS, Building Systems or Autoplant
- Be registered engineer
- Minimum BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Experience in process engineering and/or the design of fire protection systems is desired.
- Bachelors or 4 year degree
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List