Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
793572 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Maple Grove, MN
July 20, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 18, 2012
[Company] is seeking a Project Manager, for[Company] . This position will reside at the Maple Grove, Minnesota location.
[Company] is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks. Lehigh Hanson is part of the [Company] the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. [Company] employs some 54,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
[Company] . is a PCI certified Precast/ Pre-stressed concrete product producer.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Primary person responsible for working with the customer to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Manage multiple architectural and structural precast concrete projects at various stages; including design, fabrication and installation. Conduct project turnover meetings with sales, drafting, engineering, production and erection.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the project specifications, drawings, proposal, contract, and schedule for each project.
- Attend jobsite meetings, create samples/mockups and obtain approval, verify mix designs meet specifications, develop erection sequencing plans, monitor engineering and drafting progress to insure on time submittals. Submit close out documents.
- Conduct pre-pour meeting for each project with drafting, production and quality control. Check production forms on architectural projects for attention to detail and quality.
- Work with the customer/contractor/construction manager as required: determine site access, manage delays/acceleration, price and submit change orders/deducts. Must be able to identify and resolve potential project scope or construction issues
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a related Engineering discipline, or Project Management
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in commercial construction related field, preferable precast/prestressed concrete
- Solid understanding of concrete construction
- Proven strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of state/county regulations
- Good market pricing knowledge and cost awareness
- Ability to make timely, critical decisions, often under conditions of uncertainty and stress
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and guidelines
- Proficient with Windows based PC software programs
- Effective time management skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to operate in both a team oriented environment and autonomously
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List