Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
793578 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 18, 2012
- [Company] , a wholly owned subsidiary of[Company] , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose[Company] .
- This position will plan and procure materials and services as required by the business, in a timely manner, according to company agreements and by following the IPL procure to pay process. Including negotiating and managing supply and service providers for the operational sites across North America
- Manage various material replenishment processes including, kanbans, VMI, time phased planning and MRP
- Develop effective relationships with key internal customers and suppliers
- Manage negotiation process for goods and services not under company agreements
- Continuously seek opportunities for cost reduction and avoidance
- Monitor supplier performance
- Ensure timely delivery of all materials and services in support of manufacturing and / or operations
- Ensure all procurement transactions are processed in an efficient and timely manner
- Provide relevant information to internal stakeholders on progress of requisitions
- Utilize corporate contracts as established by Procurement Team wherever possible
- Manage compliance and governance processes in Procurement in line with internal and external requirements
- Other duties may be assigned within the capabilities of the successful candidate, as determined by management.
- 5 years’ experience in a procurement role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office and SAP
- Internal Customer & Supplier Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of supplier management
- Understanding of procurement policies and contractual implications
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Ability to plan and lead negotiations with internal cross functional teams and external service providers
Work Environment & Physical Conditions:
- The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) as required by site specific requirements
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List