Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
793584 Job Summary
Development Engineer 1
Employer Job Id:
October 30, 2012
FLSmidth Mineral Processing
December 30, 2012
Development Engineer 1
- This position is concerned with the design and development of new products and systems as well as improving existing ones. An emphasis is placed on contemporary mechanical design, controls, and process requirements. The employee is required to perform system and process design for bulk solids handling.
- Support the FLS Quality System in day-to-day job duties and ensure the highest level of compliance with Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Use industrially accepted engineering practices and procedures to insure equipment designs and processes meet the highest level of public safety and integrity.
- Assist with the development of new technologies, products, processes, and components.
- Perform system and process designs in support of the PT Sales group, including pipeline and air supply selection, line charger sizing and selection, process flow sheets, and system operating narratives when necessary. Develop custom software and calculations as necessary to complete required designs.
- Provide technical support and assistance to other groups, including worldwide subsidiaries.
- Travel to customer jobsites to optimize equipment performance, conduct performance tests, train engineering and field personnel, and conduct troubleshooting services.
- Oversee and manage assigned Development Projects.
- Complete assigned Technical Studies
- Insure the scopes of assigned Development Projects are clearly outlined, by assisting with the development and approval of project documentation and requests for funding.
- Oversee and manage assigned Development Projects to insure the project remains within the guidelines specified by the project documentation.
- Insure regular communication with the Development Project Team (representatives from Sales & Marketing and Engineering) and the Manager of Technology to insure the Development Projects remain within the scope and budgets outlined by the project documentation.
- Pursue design goals with limited direction and guidance, using initiative, judgment, and good decision-making.
- Ensure designs and concepts are properly verified and checked as safe and acceptable by using hand calculations, computerized modeling, and other analytical tools before the manufacture and testing of prototypes.
- Insure designs and concepts are properly validated by overseeing R&D and/or field-testing.
- Lead and/or coordinate design efforts of product groups, drafting groups and other support groups in order to attain a satisfactory conclusion to design projects.
- As applicable, author technical papers for presentation and publication.
- Develop and present training sessions for other employees within FLS, as well as for customers who have purchased FLS equipment.
- Position requires the equivalent of an engineering degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, plus some previous related experience in various product lines.
- 2-4 years related experience.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Solidworks or other 3D CAD applications is necessary.
- FEA experience is a benefit.
- Proficient use of MS Office is required, and use of Mathcad is also required.
- Requires frequent travel and working long periods of time away from home.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List