Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
793662 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 20, 2012
ECS Limited LLC
September 18, 2012
- ECS is an award-winning consulting firm offering geotechnical and environmental engineering, construction materials testing and building facilities consulting services. Founded in 1988, the firm is ranked by ENR among the top engineering and environmental firms in the country. From our network of 40 offices strategically located across the United States, our expertise spans the nation and multiple industry sectors. Our commitment is to provide high quality and innovative engineering services. Setting the standard for service isn't just our tag line... it's the foundation of our business. M/F/D/V EOE and E-verify.
- Part-time and possibly full-time opportunities exist for construction materials testing field technicians in the Orlando, FL office of ECS .
- As an ECS field technician working primarily on active construction sites you may be involved with field observation, testing, sampling and inspection of soil, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt and structural steel placement. Note: All disciplines may not be encountered on every project. Under the direction of more senior technicians or staff professionals/project managers, you will perform routine field and/or laboratory tests and assist in more complex tasks, as required. Included may be:
- Soils – In-place density testing using nuclear density gauge or sand cone methods, Proctor [moisture density], Atterberg limits, and sieve analysis methodology.
- Aggregates – Sampling and performing sieve analysis.
- Concrete/Grout/Masonry – Sampling and visual observation, performing air content and slump tests, testing compressive and flexural strength, taking tests of mortar and grout, and obtaining core samples.
- Asphalt – Sampling and performing HMA [hot mix asphalt] tests in both field and laboratory settings using nuclear density gauge and core machines in the field; and solvents and sampling at high temperatures in the laboratory.
- You may be involved with calculations and data reduction of test results, drafting and other administrative duties, as required. Daily communication is required with site contractors, other technicians and project managers. ECS will train candidates in our methodology to perform observations, inspections and testing of building/construction projects and to document findings in accordance with accepted engineering practice, but you should have a sound understanding of construction practices. As experience increases, ECS will encourage and aid technicians in increasing level of competence and skills through both internal and external training programs of certification provided by ACI, ASNT, AWS, ICC, NICET, NRCA, RCI, various State DOT’s, WACEL and others, as appropriate.
- The employee will be regularly exposed to outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments. Noise levels will typically be moderate to moderately loud. You may also be exposed to high, precarious places. Some weekend and overtime work may be required; overnight travel may be required with this position.
- These physical demands are representative of what a technician may encounter in the field and are essential functions of the position. You will be involved primarily with field work on outside construction sites involving long term standing and perhaps repetitive motions. You must have the ability to use your hands to handle, finger or feel; reach, climb or balance; crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit. You will have the ability to see and smell; including close, distance and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus. You may be required to drive hundreds of miles per day. Lifting – The employee will regularly lift and/or move/shake up to 40 pounds [soil and/or concrete tests and related apparatus]; frequently lift and/or move up to 60-80 pounds [soils and sand samples, and nuclear density equipment]; and occasionally move more than 100 pounds [such as a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete samples]. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Qualified candidates will have:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent required. AA/AS degree or BSCE graduates with EIT’s will be considered.
- Ninety days to one year experience.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to read maps, follow directions, and interpret engineering and construction plans.
- Technician Certification [minimum] - Radiation safety for nuclear density gauge, basic concrete and basic soils certifications. All three certifications are required within 180 days of hire.
- For advancement to a more senior technician or specialty technician/inspector position, you should have the above basic certifications plus some of the following: Level II Concrete, Level I Foundation, Level I Fireproofing, Structural Concrete and Structural Masonry certifications. Alternatively, specialty certifications as a CWI, RRO or others in UT, MT, VT would be required.
- When applying for this position please indicate your compensation expectations [$$/hr]. Failure to do so may disqualify you from consideration.
- If hired for this position you will join an office with a fun, business-casual atmosphere. ECS is committed to providing a diverse, drug-free work place and believes our employees are our greatest asset. We respect hard work and honesty in our employees. We provide ample industry related training, comprehensive benefits and a broad range of career opportunities. Pre-employment drug screening is required; random and post-incidence drug screening is also undertaken. Relocation is not provided for technician positions.
- ECS does not supply vehicles; therefore you must be able to provide a vehicle suitable for use on construction sites. We will compensate you at $0.55/mile for use of your own vehicle for work related activities. Driver’s license verification required; must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the ECS driving policy.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List