Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
793677 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 20, 2012
September 18, 2012
- SPX is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
- Manager is responsible for the manufacturing operations at the GLE facility. Provides guidance, technical expertise and leadership to identified manufacturing operations to ensure the production of quality products made on-time, in the right quantity and in a cost efficient manner in support of manufacturing strategic objectives.
- Manages the machining and grinding functions at GLE.
- Defines and leads manufacturing, through continuous improvement using lean principles and techniques.
- Directs and coordinates the operations of all departments within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and sustainability of manufacturing methods.
- Develops proposals for capital expenditures and makes budget recommendations for manufacturing.
- Develops and recommends manufacturing department operating policy.
- Initiates and facilitates area business and process improvements in support of business targets and goals.
- Defines and recommends manufacturing objectives; develops specific short-term and long-range plans and programs together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Develops standardized processes and training in all areas of manufacturing.
- Provides for preparation of cost control reports, cost estimates, manpower and facility requirement forecasts, production and inventory control reports, delivery estimates, etc.
- Communicates objectives, status and other issues as necessary, i.e. regular scheduled team meetings.
- Insures prompt and economical delivery of finished product to customer’s expectation and requirements.
- Directs the preparation of specifications for purchase as to quality, quantity, delivery and service required for purchase of plant equipment, supplies, and materials to meet production schedules.
- Formulates and installs standard practices based on comparative studies of methods, costs and production figures.
- Supports/implements performance management system including identification and achievement of goals.
- Ethically protects company resources and best interest.
- Establishes safety procedures to assure a clean, safe work environment is promoted, maintained and adhered to.
- Manages resources in support of cost and quality objectives.
- Develops and maintains positive employee relations
Knowledge and Certification:
- 4 year degree in Manufacturing/Business Mgmt. or related degree. (Note: experience may be substituted for education).
- 5+ years’ experience in production management.
- 5+ years’ experience managing staff.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing strategies with demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Leadership, coaching, and team-building skills.
- Polished group and interpersonal communication skills.
- PC skills: spreadsheet, power point and word processing skills
- Ability to relentlessly pursue continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability of being safety orientated.
- Exposure to formal performance management.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List