Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
793695 Job Summary
Mgr, Safety & Environment
Employer Job Id:
July 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 18, 2012
Mgr, Safety & Environment
- Provides the resource to develop an effective safety program through detailed root cause analysis develops and drives the countermeasure process. Develops and conducts safety training for the entire facility. Administers the in-plant safety and workers' compensation activities by monitoring and developing effective loss control programs. Manages compliance with all environmental regulatory requirements of state and Federal government while acting as the Environmental Management Officer. Ensures best management practices in environmental preservation and warehousing initiatives.
- Design/recommend, implement and coordinate programs to improve the plant's safety efforts and record. Provide all safety-related training.
- Investigate accidents to identify root causes and initiate effective countermeasures to prevent future accidents.
- Manage the ‘Safety Team’ in a manner in order to reduce the lost time incident rate
- Administer Workers' Compensation programs to control costs through the development and implementation of identified action plans. Monitor activities of legal counsel and insurance company representatives to ensure compliance with Company objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of and develop programs to be in compliance with OSHA, NIOSH, EPA and other government or insurance company regulations. This is accomplished by contact with local, state and national organizations, insurance carrier representatives and governmental bodies to provide necessary updating.
- Assess, advise and consult with managers and others engaged in planning, designing, development, construction, installation or modification of equipment and facilities to eliminate or minimize hazards to personnel or and to comply with appropriate governmental standards and insurance carrier recommendations. Both in regard to Safety of employees and environmental impacts.
- Initiates participative employee teams to improve safety program.
- Leads Emergency Response team and establishes a formalized program.
- As Environmental Management Officer, handles internal and external audit compliance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Ripley Parts Operations
- Bachelor of Science degree in Safety and Environmental, Business Administration, or Operations – MBA a plus.
- 2.5-10 years of experience in a safety, environmental, ergonomic, accident prevention and worker’s compensation law; preferably in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a safety and environmental role and thorough knowledge of OSHA/TOSHA law
- Professional process change and development skills.
- Proven ability to drive cultural change, create flexibility when necessary and motivate personnel to achieve stretch goals.
- Professional PC skills and working knowledge of operating systems and manufacturing processes.
- Professional written and oral communication skills appropriate to all levels of the organization.
- Embraces personal accountability, bias for action, willing to make decisions.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (life, carry, move) light to medium weights of 1-10 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Administers safety and loss control activities in a 400 employee facility.
- Administers workers' compensation program
- Collaborates with the safety manager of the onsite third party packager, consisting of 250 employees to ensure safe practices on [Company] property.
- Initiate/manages environmental activities and manages the associated budget approximately $100,000 + annually.
- Supports an annual sales volume of $1.3 B annually with indirect responsibility for processing and shipping 2,500,000 orders annually to 365 domestic and 245 international CE/ME/Forest/ Industrial locations and to 1000 [Company] Forklift locations.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List