- FIFO WA 12:9 or 2:1 rotation
- Excellent salary and benefits (including annual bonus).
- Great opportunity to take your career to the next step.
TRS are working with an emerging WA iron ore producer. Due to the planned major expansion of one of their mines in mid west WA they are now looking to expand their team.
Reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist this role will require you to conduct daily planning and implementation of the company's exploration strategy including collection and supervising of staff and the collection of field data, planning and implementation of sampling and drilling programmes.
The key elements of this position include:
• Planning and supervision of drilling programs Planning of exploration programmes including logistics and drill hole positioning
• Supervision of younger geologists and field assistants
• Surface mapping, sampling and surveys
• Validation and interpretation of data
• Sectional interpretation
• RC, diamond and geotechnical drilling
• Supervision of earth moving equipment
• Maintain a close relationship with the mine geology group
• Participation and input into geological modelling
The successful candidate will meet the following key criteria
• Approximately 3 - 5 years experience in exploration and geology
• Experience working with RC and diamond drilling
• Mentoring of younger geology personnel
• 4WD driving on hill terrain
• Tertiary degree in geology or a related discipline
• Mine Health Surveillance card
• FIFO to mine site with either a 12/9 or a 2/1 roster
For immediate consideration please apply today.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.