- Family friendly roster & flights on company time
- Excellent salary & benefits ( increased super & bonuses)
- Career development - overseas secondment opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for a well known international mining and resource company. They specialize in iron ore and coal production and are currently looking for a Project / Exploration Geologist for their open pit mine site approx 1 hour's flight from Perth. The Project / Exploration geologist role is integral and brings value to their operations through effective planning, supervising and conducting of exploration activities.
You will be required to:
Follow Environmental and Company systems / policies / procedures at all times and assist in the development of systems/policies/procedures;
Conduct regular safety inspections/audits, Safe Act Observations and Job Safety Assessments as well as document safety and work procedure;
Supervise and conduct field exploration activities such as mapping, sampling, drilling and drill sampling logging as well as participating in the field supervision of geophysical, heritage and botanical surveys;
Supervise all earthmoving activities including drill pad construction, access tracks construction and rehabilitation works;
Assist in the interpretation of geological data, including development of cross sections and plans showing geological interpretations of drilling results.
Help the collation, maintenance and validation of all exploration data;
Ideally you will have:
- A tertiary level qualification in Geology;
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role;
- Well developed drill campaign planning and execution skills;
- A commitment to safe work practices;
- A sound knowledge of open pit grade control procedures;
- A current manual drivers license;
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office, MapInfo, Micromine or similar ;
- The ability to recognise and suggest and implement solutions/actions to problems;
- The ability to communicate effectively within all levels within the Company and supervise junior staff and contractors;
- This is your chance to join a friendly, dedicated professional mining team.
- They offer family friendly rosters and the flights to site are on company time.
They offer excellent salary packages (increased super + bonuses) and career development opportunities with inhouse training, mentoring and the opportunity for overseas secondment
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.