WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will provide technical expertise for the design, installation and maintenance of Plant Instrumentation and Control Systems utilized in Bitumen Production, and will play a key role in the maintainability of our Bitumen Production facility.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Provide instrumentation specifications, design/installation and commissioning/maintenance using INTools Design Tool for small plant additions
• Complete design for work orders issued for reliability improvement modifications for the process systems and issue them for execution
• Provide hands-on knowledge to resolve application issues for:
o Water Cut Meters
o Refract Meters
o Radar Levels
o Product Analyzers
o Nuclear Instruments
• Participate actively with contractors in the development of all engineering deliverables on time and on budget
• Ensure that all Canadian Natural applicable standards, best practices, specifications and regulations are met
• Assist in troubleshooting for the Instrumentation and Control System
• Implement Management of Change initiatives, indentify small projects and develop scope of work for execution
• Develop efficient and effective alternative plans, jointly with maintenance personnel, to comply with demands for low cost and timely repair or modification of process equipment
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with relevant technologist diploma
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working in a large industrial plant, ideally in a mineral processing environment
o Foundation Fieldbus, ASi Networks, Modbus and DeviceNet
o Piping and Instrumentation Drawing, Plant Controls Design and HAZOP
o Fibre optic networks
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.