Long term career prospects ( international opportunities)
Excellent on site accommodation and benefits
Packages include Family Premium Health Cover, salary packaging etche w
TRS are working with one of the largest names within gold exploration and production. They are currently seeking a highly experience Project Geologist to work FIFO on one of their sites in the Goldfields region of WA.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist you will implement through planning and management all aspect of mine geology including grade control and in-mine exploratory drilling within defined areas.
The successful appointee will be responsible for the following duties and activities:
- Promotion of site safety policies
- Daily grade control including drilling, ore mark-ups, sampling and the efficient extraction of ore
- Oversee exploratory and production drilling programs and supervise contractors where applicable
- Log geological and geotechnical diamond core and sludge hole chips to a high standard
- Reconciliation of tonnages, grade and contained metal between ore reserves, mining grade control and mill production
- Coordinate ore pad parcel delivery on the MOP and ROM pads
- Update the geological and production database as required and validate the data
- Ensure face/sidewall mapping and diamond/longhole traces are plotted on a daily basis onto plans
- Maintain the geological data filing/recording system and database
- Undertake orebody/stope modelling as required
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications/skills:
- Geology degree
- Sufficient surface/underground production and drilling experience in Archaen Greenstone gold deposits
- The ability to work as part of a dynamic team
- Ore resource calculation and modelling skills
- Ability to design effective diamond and sludge drilling programs
- A high degree of computer literacy including experience with MS Office and Surpac software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
The role is fly in/fly out from Perth on an 8/6 roster. Excellent on-site accommodation is provided. Recreational facilities include internet café, Foxtel, swimming pool, tennis court, squash court and gymnasium. Telstra mobile and wireless broadband access is provided.
This position offers a competitive salary package in line with qualifications and experience. Standard benefits include superannuation, premium private health cover for the whole family, salary continuance, salary packaging options and 20 days annual leave per year.