Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
794434 Job Summary
Regional Safety Specialist
Employer Job Id:
July 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 19, 2012
Regional Safety Specialist
[Company] , a leading supplier of quality construction building materials in the United States, has an immediate opening for a Regional Safety Specialist in its Greenbelt, Maryland office. The position is primarily responsible for executing regional safety goals and supporting corporate safety initiatives. The position will also assist with the administration of the workmen’s compensation program.
Immediate opening for a Regional Safety Specialist to provide support to our Northern Virginia Operations
- Conducts periodic site visits to monitor and assess the execution of safety policies.
- Oversees safety behavioral audits and analyzes statistics for audits.
- Incorporates new OSHA/MSHA/DOT regulations into safety process and provides this information to managers and employees.
- Investigates serious incidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for the organization’s use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Organizes and facilitates operational training meetings with staff.
- Makes recommendations as to how to make the workplace a safer working environment.
- Initiates and promotes day-to-day safety practices to stimulate interest in safety in operations employees.
- Actively represents the organization in community, industry associations, safety groups and programs.
- Measures the effectiveness of the safety policy and provides consistency amongst the different divisions.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards, and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- May manage the upkeep of the medical re-certification for DOT employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or a related degree with applicable experience in a safety leadership role.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a safety-related position.
- Knowledge of Federal/State/Industry safety regulations.
- Knowledge of Behavior Based Safety Management Systems
- Knowledge of Safety Management System
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees at every level of the organization
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List