Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
794472 Job Summary
Senior Project Engineer
Employer Job Id:
St. Louis, MO
July 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 19, 2012
Senior Project Engineer
- [Company] is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 180 offices worldwide, our more than 8,000 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
- [Company] is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer for the St. Louis West County office.
- Be able to take direction from and support senior staff to achieve goals
- Use your leadership skills to coach, mentor, and develop junior employees
- Liaise with mining engineers, resource geologists, and specialists from other disciplines or offices within [Company]
- Be effective as a planner and organizer and in sharing or delegating tasks
- Be accountable to manage, schedule, budget and quality control for consulting assignments
- Perform and document field work, data analysis and calculations according to [Company] standards
- Be able to apply technical skills properly with a thorough understanding of the data and findings
- Use your expertise to conduct a full range of mine engineering functions
- Serve as technical lead and Project Manager for mining engineering with the input into scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Assist in coal mine design, including dragline and truck and shovel applications, room-and-pillar or longwall applications, scheduling, optimization, equipment selection and operating and capital cost estimates. Assist in short-range mine planning and estimating for dragline design, excavator/truck and re-grade design, and room-and-pillar or longwall mining
- Develop and assist in cost estimates and analyses
- Assist with other non-coal duties as may be required from time to time
- Assist with business development, including liaison with current or potential clients, representation at professional meetings
- Write reports for feasibility studies, technical reviews, due diligence studies, etc.
- Travel both domestically and internationally as required to support project work or for training or business development
- Possess a strong work ethic and a capacity for working in a challenging environment
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often on multiple tasks and projects
- Apply [Company] Project Management Excellence standards to all aspects of projects
- Demonstrate a "Safety First" focus and act as a role model to staff
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Mining Engineering/Geology/etc. or a related discipline
- At least 10 years relevant experience; preferably in a consulting capacity combined with operational planning experience
- Have extensive relevant experience in surface and underground coal
- Have excellent communication and report writing skills
- Be fluent in English, additional fluency in other languages may be an asset
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List