- Team and project management within coal mining arena
- Brisbane based consultancy with a focus on the wider Queensland region
- Competitive salary up to $150,000 plus Superannuation
A privately owned electrical engineering consultancy, specialising in design and drafting across a number of heavy industry sectors including Mining and Petrochemical, are looking for an additional team member. This small, dynamic team is based in Brisbane and is experiencing considerable, consistent growth. This is your opportunity to become involved in projects that will both utilise your current abilities, and challenge you further.
A highly competitive salary package is offered, along with career progression and training.
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified as an Electrical Engineer and either currently holding, or eligible to achieve RPEQ status, your background will include several years experience within the Mining or Petrochemical sectors. This position requires full understanding of Quality Assurance (ISO9001) and the ability to manage this process.
Management of team, including workload scheduling, reporting and performance reviews
Full technical capabilities with the ability to read engineering drawings, plans and reports and relate them effectively to the end user
Systems capability within Project Management - budgets, quotes, client liaison and onsite factors
Hazardous Area training, experience with AutoCAD and formal Management qualifications
EXPERIENCE and BACKGROUND
A positive, proactive attitude with outlook and interest in developing both yourself and your team is essential to this role. The ability to work accurately, within time and budget constraints must be demonstrated in previous work environments.
- Previous Business Development and Project Management within the heavy industry sector
- Full and robust understanding of Greenfield projects - comfortable in both office and site environments
- Capable of scheduling and managing your own workload, and offering support and leadership to a team of Engineers
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2D, Microsoft Suite and Project Management software
*To qualify for this position, you must have industry experience relevant to the key points above, and the right to work in Australia.*