- Specialist mining contractor with operations across the East Coast
- Work at the forefront of drill & blast technology
- Gain exposure to the latest designs, techniques and equipment
Our client offer specialist services to the mining, quarrying and construction industries. They have a unique opportunity for a Senior Technical Services Engineer (Drill & Blast Engineer) for their project approximately 4 hours north of Newcastle. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will lead technical services initiatives focused on delivering measurable value to the customer. Based NW of Newcastle (approx 4 hours), this role can be either residential or FIFO (Ex Sydney or Brisbane).
Roles and Responsibilities of the Drill & Blast Engineer will include:
Take responsibility for the implementation and management of a rock on ground account including drill and blast designs
Working with cutting edge technology, developing and continually improving outcomes for customer blasts through design and your own experience
Providing guidance and advice to customers on the sustainable, safe and efficient use of explosives
Supporting and implementing key strategic new and existing products to customers will see you add value and lower costs.
Working at the forefront of drill and blast technology, you will be exposed to the latest designs, techniques and equipment whilst receiving full support and training.
To be considered for the role of Drill & Blast Engineer you will require:
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- Experience in Drill and Blast operations
- Strong understanding of the operational implications of drill and blast coupled with your insight into how a mining sequence works will ensure success in this role
- A passion for blasting, commercial awareness and a strong customer focus is essential.
- What this company can offer you:
- Exciting development opportunities within an organisation experiencing significant growth
- An opportunity to work within an exciting team that caters to customers around the globe
- An attractive salary package plus benefits
- Residential or FIFO out of Sydney/Brisbane.
- Design & Build specialises in recruitment for the Mining, Construction & Engineering industries on a regional and national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs and doing the right thing by both job seekers and employers alike.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted and your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.