Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
795330 Job Summary
Training & Performance Specialist
Employer Job Id:
Mayfield Heights, OH
July 24, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 22, 2012
Training & Performance Specialist
- Responsibilities include designing, developing, and testing technical materials used to train Rockwell Automation customers. Training focuses on building the skills required to apply a variety of Rockwell Automation hardware and software products in plant floor applications and systems. The Training and Performance Specialist is responsible for applying a performance-based methodology to analyze, design, and develop a variety of training solutions, including classroom materials, computer-based training courses, job aids, e-tools, tests, and more. Development for specific customer applications may be required. Adherence to defined processes and standards is required. Attention to detail is critical. This is a focused content development and testing position which requires a balance of technical, instructional, and writing skills. Interaction with our large global team of instructors is required - but instructing is not part of the position. Occasional travel to field offices or customer sites is required.
- Analyze target audiences to determine training needs and design sound performance solutions
- Apply a performance-based training methodology to produce instructionally sound training materials in a variety of formats (instructor-led, e-Learning, job aids, etc.)
- Help expand our portfolio by developing and piloting new training solutions, such as e-tools, virtual courses, simulators, Pod casts, and more
- Develop expertise with Rockwell Automation technology in order to develop and test realistic training scenarios, hands-on labs, simulations, test questions, etc.
- Work with subject matter experts to obtain technical guidance and feedback
- Translate complex technical information into clear and accurate text, graphics, tables, etc.
- Communicate effectively using best practices for page and screen layout
- Adhere to defined department standards and formats to ensure that all materials maintain a high-level of quality – and have a common, professional presentation
- Work with internal editors and external reviewers to understand and incorporate input / feedback
- Pilot new materials in a classroom setting with customers to ensure technical accuracy and effectiveness
- Develop system-based or application-specific training materials by analyzing specific customer needs and developing custom materials
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with field personnel, product groups, customers, and others to support the exchange of information
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and adapt to shifting priorities
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and "value add" philosophy by analyzing and improving upon current solutions
- Develop skills and knowledge by taking advantage of training and professional development opportunities in order to stay current on developments in instructional design and automation
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates must have a combined minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates must be permanently eligible to work in the US.
- Technical writing, instructional design, or instructing experience is a plus.
- Desired Qualifications Previous Internship or Co-op experience a plus.
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, numerical controls, computers or motor controls and drives in industrial automation control systems is strongly preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List