Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
795344 Job Summary
Senior Equipment Director
Employer Job Id:
July 24, 2012
August 31, 2012
Senior Equipment Director
Directeur Senior - Equipement
Information de la companie : Specializing in heavy civil infrastructure construction, mining applications and energy development, H.J. O'Connell Ltd/LECQ is a leading supplier to Canada's resource industries. Having been in business for over 80 years, and offices located throughout Canada, O’Connell offers a stable and challenging work environment. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent rotation schedule.
Date de fin : 2012-08-31
Description: Reporting to the Corporate Manager – Equipment Division, the incumbent is accountable to manage the maintenance and repair of O’Connell’s equipment fleet in the Labrador-Quebec mining region. The Senior Equipment Manager will ensure that continuous improvements of safety, quality, and client satisfaction are the main focus for the entire team while monitoring and improving overall equipment availability and operating costs.
Key responsibilities include:
Éducation : The ideal candidate will have a degree in mechanical engineering with the appropriate industry experience. Combined education and progressive experience in a heavy equipment technician trade or a mechanical technologist certification with the appropriate experience in maintenance management will be considered as well.
Emplacement(s) : Wabush (Newfoundland and Labrador)
Qualifications : The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Promoting safety and quality in the workplace through leading by example, good communications, incentive programs, and employee training initiatives.
- Overseeing the responsibilities and performance of maintenance staff at O’Connell’s Labrador West and Eastern Quebec maintenance facilities (3 facilities currently).
- Reviewing and discussing all major equipment repairs planning and scheduling with the Corporate Manager.
- Overseeing all equipment repairs, assembly, disassembly, and relocation planning and scheduling with maintenance staff.
- Reviewing and maintaining manpower requirements on a regular basis.
- Leading annual equipment budgetary planning and review.
- Conducting regular site visits and audit safety, work quality, and overall equipment repairs.
- Ensuring O’Connell’s preventative maintenance policies and procedures are practised consistently and accurately throughout all work sites.
- Liaise with Operations Managers on a regular basis to plan equipment needs and communicate maintenance planning and any concerns.
- Reviewing and approving all service invoices and orders.
- Setting-up and attending regular meetings with 3rd party parts and service providers.
- Reviewing site warehousing and inventory management to address any concerns with supervisor.
- Ensuring all applicable laws, company policies, and codes/standards are strictly adhered to by all maintenance employees.
- Ensuring systems are in place to track items such as consumption, wear items, component life, etc.
- Preparing monthly performance and summary reports.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a similar role of heavy equipment maintenance management, preferably in a mining environment. Experience on Caterpillar, Komat’su, and Hitachi equipment would be considered an asset.
- Strong technical, organizational, and written/oral communication skills (English) are a requirement. Bilingualism (English/French) will be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Valid NL class 05 driver’s license is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills are required. Management training will be considered an asset.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List