Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
795413 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 24, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 22, 2012
The [Company] organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
- [Company] is seeking an Accounting Manager to work in our Westminster, CO Shared Service Center. Under the direction of the [Company] Assistant Controller, this position provides financial services to internal and external clients.
- Manages general ledger accounting and accounts payable functions, performs and oversees qualitative accounting and financial analysis, and oversees and approves account reconciliation's within a complex legal structure. Manages the efforts of team leads and their junior staff.
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures for improvements in internal control and operational efficiencies relating to financial and accounting processes within the general ledger and accounts payable functions.
- Partner with Americas Reporting Team to ensure timely reporting, quality of data and effectiveness of internal control systems. Interface with Corporate Tax, Reporting, Treasury, and Compliance functions as needed.
- Financial analysis: to include supervising month over month, quarter over quarter, and year over year ‘flux’ analysis for individual companies accounted for within the US SSC. Supervise extensive p&l actual to budget variance investigation.
- Assist in the preparation of required Federal, State and Management reports.
- Assist the Assistant Controller on internal and external audits.
- Assist on in-service training and mentoring and development of staff.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Perform additional assignments per Assistant Controller’s or Controller’s direction.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional accounting qualification: CPA/ACA/CFMA or on track required.
- 8+ years’ experience, 2+ in a supervisory role.
- 2+ years engineering & construction industry experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management including Contract to cash, Procure to pay, Revenue recognition and the close process.
- Previous experience and knowledge of Oracles J. D Edwards system.MS Excel expert.
- Sarbanes Oxley documentation and testing experience a plus
- International experience and bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Less than 10% travel is required
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List