Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
795433 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 24, 2012
September 22, 2012
- Eaton Corporation located in Worcester, MA has an opening for a second shift Associate Assembler, internal salary grade 36. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing operations required to assemble and pack various products including operation of equipment in accordance with customer orders.
- Assemble and pack different items as assigned to various assembly areas.
- Maintain necessary records for all operations.
- Checks completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read and follow standard work procedures.
- Knowledge of basic shop math, assembly, and configuration.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, or wire diagrams.
- Ability to use a square, measuring tape, hand and power tools or saw.
- Ability to use fixed gages and work from simple drawings.
- Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Manufacturing systems knowledge (KANBAN, JIT, Production scheduling)
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with 2011 sales of $16 billion. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Minimum of one year experience in manufacturing environment and/or six months hand assembly experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school required.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. and requires frequent standing or bending.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographic area (60 mile radius) will be considered.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List