Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
795442 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 24, 2012
Lafarge North America
September 22, 2012
- The candidate will be responsible for leading the operations in the market area. The position will ensure that all operations are operated safely and efficiently. There will be a strong focus on professional operations management: budgeting and forecasting, cost & inventory management, manning fixed and mobile plant equipment, capital planning, preventive maintenance planning & tracking. This role will work closely with the EUS Manufacturing team, sales, customer service, quality control, and finance personnel.
- Safety: Drive and personally promote the Core value of Zero Accidents and Incidents to all operations in the Market Area. Ensure a safe working environment for all employees within the area. Actively engage with the workforce to reinforce safe behaviors.
- Environment: Ensure regulations are met or exceeded at all sites in the area by following Lafarge best practices.
- Operations Management: Drive for operating excellence at all locations within the area. Scheduling of production and product delivery to minimize costs and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Inventory Management: Closely manage inventory needs for entire market through balancing requirements across site portfolio and frequent coordination with the Commercial Manager and Quality Control.
- Performance Management: Promote a culture of performance. Ensure that Lafarge Performance Programs are implemented and followed consistently throughout the area. Develop and implement production and process improvements. Achieve targets as related to Productivity and Cost Reduction.
- Quality: Understand the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers. Ensure that Quality Materials are produced and shipped at all Manufacturing sites.
- Planning: Develop operational and capital plans for the market to continuously improve productivity and maintain costs as low or lower than our competition. Prepare operating budgets and forecasts for the market. Prepare rolling 12 month production forecasts monthly and work closely with sales and customer service personnel to optimize production, sales and inventory levels. Assist in the creation of Mine Plans and ensure they are closely followed/executed (overburden removal and placement, extraction, and progressive rehabilitation/reclamation) at all sites in the market.
- Capital: Works with EUS Manufacturing team to identify necessary sustaining and development capital according to Lafarge best practices. Manage the preparation and delivery of CERs (Capital Expenditure Requests).
- Market Area Image: Ensure all sites in market are maintained in accordance with standard guidelines for plant image. Plant image includes housekeeping, parts storage, vehicles and equipment condition (cleanliness and appearance), entrance & property, and buildings.
- HR/Labor Relations: Develop operational employees within the organization. Foster effective employee relations. Establish a safe and productive work environment where employees are proud to be members of the Lafarge family. Ensure compliance with all relevant labor laws and regulations. Assist in labor relations including negotiation and implementation of labor agreements.
- Community Relations: Liaise with the Community to represent Lafarge as exemplary corporate citizens.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Reports to the local aggregates Vice-President/General Manager
- Works closely with the Manufacturing team, Safety Manager, Environment Manager, and Land Manager.
- Works closely with local Territory Managers, Commercial Manager, Manager - Customer Service & Logistics, and Materials Performance Manager.
- Safety & Environment
- Productivity and process improvement
- Quality control
- Human resources utilization and development
- Total quality and best practices
- Effective Maintenance of all equipment
- Development of operational personnel
- Production of < 10M Tons with several direct reports, multiple sites
- $50M+ total costs
- 130+ total employees
- 4 + Direct Reports
Education & Work Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years managing Aggregate Production or Cement Production.
- Management of second level management personnel.
- Can demonstrate a proven track record with regard to Process improvement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong supervisory and people skills. Ability to develop effective internal and external relations.
- Must have proven track record managing multiple site operations.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft applications.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Cost management skills aligned with working knowledge of financial statements.
- Disciplined and process oriented.
- Strong understanding of Mining and Maintenance practices.
- General skills must include strong interpersonal and leadership aptitude as well as exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be familiar with state and federal mining regulations as well as material specifications.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List